Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

I GOT A JOB

well sort of

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Funny thing about my new job is I've been given an assignment at a nurse agency that I was refused work through, because I had a CRB reference for a shoplifting in Salford in 1977, when I was 15.

I am now contracted to teach these people BLS a week on Saturday.

I'm not good enough to work for them, but I am good enough to teach them. :download:

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:34 AM

There were things in the shops of Salford worth nicking in 1977?
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#23 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

Funny thing about my new job is I've been given an assignment at a nurse agency that I was refused work through, because I had a CRB reference for a shoplifting in Salford in 1977, when I was 15.

Assure them that you're only taking their pulse.

;)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#24 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,297 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I am now contracted to teach these people BLS a week on Saturday.

I'm not good enough to work for them, but I am good enough to teach them. :download:

That's the attitude.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#25 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,110 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Not only have I not got a job now, the one I thought I was going to walk into hasn't come off. Even more galling, other people I know have got those jobs at the same time. Sometimes life is a #####.

#26 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Merde mon ami.  Keep your chin up!  Best wishes, Tim

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#27 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Not only have I not got a job now, the one I thought I was going to walk into hasn't come off. Even more galling, other people I know have got those jobs at the same time. Sometimes life is a #####.

So what happened? Did you opt for redundancy?

#28 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,110 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

So what happened? Did you opt for redundancy?

I didn't opt for it! But it happened anyway

#29 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

I didn't opt for it! But it happened anyway

I'm very sorry to hear that.

#30 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,110 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that.

Thanks. I had seriously expected it to be a formality getting another job (with knowing people etc) but have found my two dead certs to be not such dead certs. 

#31 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

I did my first solo presentation today, and nearly made a complete cock up of it. In front of FY1 Doctors too, smart ar ses!

Got through it though, I am now taking a very deep breath on the train from London Bridge back to St Leonards. Really Good fun.

At half-term (school HT), I am booked to do a set in Canterbury, then the following day I have to do the same presentation in Southampton.

I wish there was a railway equivalent of airmiles :shout:

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#32 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Perhaps it's time for a separate forum just for updates on your life.  I'll speak to John Drake about it.

#33 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,456 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Leave Bleep alone; I for one enjoy his updates.

He's one of the TRL family and has been through a rough time lately.

It's not easy supporting Aston Villa.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#34 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,880 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Perhaps it's time for a separate forum just for updates on your life.  I'll speak to John Drake about it.

I think if he gets one for that it's only fair that you have one to keep us informed of your band and it's European tour progress. :D 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#35 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think if he gets one for that it's only fair that you have one to keep us informed of your band and it's European tour progress. :D

I feel left out of this job update thing because I'm now retired.  :tongue: But not yet put out to pasture! 

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#37 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

He can share mine

#38 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,297 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

So that's settled then.

A special forum for Larry and Bleep to discuss their lives.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#39 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

I feel left out of this job update thing because I'm now retired.  :tongue: But not yet put out to pasture!

I went to work today. Delivered a few letters, thought about how much my shares had grown...
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#40 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

I went to work today. Delivered a few letters, thought about how much my shares had grown...

Capitalist! It didn't take you long :-)