Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

here we go again.....

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 herbert st boy

herbert st boy
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

http://www.oldham-ch...ce-to-pay-10000
O.R.L.F.C FOREVER!!

#2 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

There's a steady consistency around the club, this occurs almost as frequently as failing to win promotion!
Of course to point this sad statistic out means to be invariably labeled a 'Hamilton hater'

#3 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Perhaps if all of you people who come on here slating the club off, actually went to games, the club would have more revenue, and probably wouldn't keep having these problems. Just remember, the closed season is 5 months, thats 5 month's with virtually no cash revenue. If you have an answer to the problem, I'm sure that Chris will listen to you.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Like I have posted many times on here, you cannot run a successful and profitable business with gates of 600 and put a competitive side capable of winning things.

People who stay away for their own reasons are causing just as much damage as they perceive CH to be doing to the club. However, if everything was perfect, there will be other excuses why they won't attend.

Oldham have struggled more than most over the years, and with the club robbing Peter to pay Paul, it's easy to get caught up in the loop. However, past history says we have always paid it back with interest, so I guess we shouldn't be worried by todays news. 

An interesting snippet I did hear is of a team that are not happy with a training faciltiy bill that they though they were using for free - and it is not Oldham. And with the money that was said to be owed, I guess Oldham's financial plight will be miniscule compared to that.

#5 Through Thick and Thin

Through Thick and Thin
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

People would be more prepared to listen to your views if you attended games and showed any interest in the club other than to post negative comments. But I suppose you don't like Hamilton, you don't like the ground, the pies are too expensive etc etc. I suppose I'll be in the wrong because everybody is entitled to an opinion! Its all very boring and of course that's only my opinion which i am of course entitled to

#6 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

Perhaps if all of you people who come on here slating the club off, actually went to games, the club would have more revenue, and probably wouldn't keep having these problems. Just remember, the closed season is 5 months, thats 5 month's with virtually no cash revenue. If you have an answer to the problem, I'm sure that Chris will listen to you.

I must agree on this, but it's not just the closed season with no revenue though, it's the lack of consistant home games during the season that doesn't enable the club to build up a decent revenue stream.

You cannot run a club with an hodge podge of fixtures like we had this season to many continuous away games and to many breaks, the RFL need to take a long look at this and sort it out, but we all know there is no chance?  

#7 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Its hardly surprising. With the structure of the league and fixtures, you are hardly going to be rolling in money, with teams from the south bringing 20 or so fans and teams from the other side of the A627M bringing 9. The crowds considering the circumstances have not been too bad. 

#8 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Its not so much about hating CH its about him acknowledging that he has taken ORLFC as far as he can.I accept that he saved the club but its now in one giant rut and something has to change.If it does not then eventually it will grind to a halt.

#9 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

You are correct Higgy, the way the RFL have organised the fixtures this season doesn't help the cash flow, and neither does the distance of the clubs in C1 and lack of away support.

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Its hardly surprising. With the structure of the league and fixtures, you are hardly going to be rolling in money, with teams from the south bringing 20 or so fans and teams from the other side of the A627M bringing 9. The crowds considering the circumstances have not been too bad. 

At a time when it would appear that you have a financial problem I will choose not to respond to the above comment about the number of Hornets fans. All the best to Oldham. I hope that you can sort the problem out.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#11 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

How much do Oldham get as runners up in the finals?

Also, is this a tax bill for income tax for the players and other employees or a corporation tax bill?,

Edited by PooingDog, 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#12 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

How much do Oldham get as runners up in the finals?

Also, is this a tax bill for income tax for the players and other employees or a corporation tax bill?,

Winner got £20k, losers got £10k. Neither club gets any money from the tickets they sold.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#13 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 722 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

SO has CH not been paid yet then....!!!!! :wink:

It is a worry for the close season, though I guess there is season ticket money and Grand Final money to come so just holding off for that.

It does not look good though.

I am sure Dr Koukash has viewed it with interest.

#14 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

perhaps one of the answers is not to fall out with two sponsors who between them where putting £25k a year into the club, not hear say but truth
5 months with no revenue is a poor excuse, a well run business would have a financial forecast for the year and plan accordingly the fact that CH is an accountant just makes this worse, like you say easy to come on and whinge but how many more fans do you think we will lose next year, the club needs a change and needs it now.

#15 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,833 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

big sigh.......

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#16 andykenny

andykenny
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

I think we should go for double figures for play off defeats.Might be a movie in it or at least a reality tv prog.Interviews with OTIDs and negatives.Trials and tribulations etc. Could be the way forward.

#17 sheddingswasus

sheddingswasus
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

Maybe this is why (according to Oldhamer on the deleted thread) CH was inconsolable after the game - the difference between winning & losing was £10K

#18 oldhamer

oldhamer
  • Coach
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Maybe Sheddings, also, did the deal that Koukash had muted hinge on Oldham getting promoted? Who knows. All I know is that CH works as hard as any person I know in trying to keep ORLFC going, and it would of been so simple for him just to shut up shop and walk away a defeated man.

#19 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Winner got £20k, losers got £10k. Neither club gets any money from the tickets they sold.

we might have done better organizing a game at a closer neutral venue and then splitting the takings.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#20 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

All the liabilities that a Limited company have to HM Revenue and Customs are not money that the club as to find they already have it.

The Vat is taken from the VAT from revenue less the VAT on purchases. Every £1.00 that is taken through the gate 20p belongs to HMRC and should not be spent. The money for the PAYE is taken from the Gross wages of the employees and again should not be spent.

Companies who fall behind with their payments to HMRC and end up in court is because they have spent the money and is the fault of no one else but the management of the club.

To say things would be better if more people attended is not the answer for its wrong.

The more people that pay through the turnstiles the larger the income so would create a bigger VAT bill.

An efficient company will ring fence its dues to HMRC and not spend it on anything else.