Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup match tickets.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Can tickets for the upcoming World Cup matches be bought on the day at the turnstile?

Several people who haven't yet bought tickets are asking me this question.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

There will be an RFL ticket box down Keith. There will be no cash on the turnstiles

#3 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

There are no grandstand tickets left for either game. In fact I purchased 4 of the last 5 remaining tickets for the Sunday game.

Seen estimates of 5k sold already.

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

This is gonna be great , a massive event . World class talent gracing our pitch , great exposure for the town ,world wide audiences and a rocking DP . No nay - sayers around now are there ?

#5 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Interesting to see some of the bitter and twisted down the road are letting their hatred against Town get in the way of a great event for Rugby League in Cumbria.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#6 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Embarrassing otto l, ll be at as many games as I can deffo going DP for one of them and one at hull then take in a play off game somewhere

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Got our tickets delivered last week, really looking forward to it.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

I did to . Taking my young nephew , he can't wait , keeps seeing guys on the telly and can't believe he's gonna see them . Just becoming apparent how big it was getting these games . And the support is looking phenomenal .

Edited by DavidM, 01 October 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#9 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well me and my girl friend are expecting a baby on the 1st November so unless he has made an appearance i wont be able to go.... great timing!! Hah. Premiersports will have to do.

#10 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

And a totally justified decision to take the games to Derwent Park.
The Pow Beck stadium wouldn't have coped with the demand :-)

I wish the take-up was even better, so that a temporary grandstand option could have been looked at for the open end a month or so ago....prob too late to organise now.