Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DR and loans etc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

As the RFL have announced that Dr is with us at least for the coming season, I would assume that we are continuing with our partnership with Huddersfield Giants, which hopefully will mean that, if they don't get offloaded to other clubs, we will continue to have the benefit of Josh Johnson, Anthony Mullaley and Jacob Fairbank, indeed if they are let go I would hope that we would consider offering them places. Does anyone rate any other fringe players at Giants who might help us out? Are loans still OK, as after Sunday Greg Johnson did mention, whether off the cuff or not, that he would be loaned back to us. Does anyone think, with all the money that salford have thrown around lately, that either, or both, Walton and Johnson will break straight into their team, or could we see them both back?

#2 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

After speaking to Jacob Fairbank on sunday he is contracted for Huddersfield next year but is unsure as to what is going on at the moment as he hasnt had his best season only scoring twice he said, once for london and once for you guys, He may be swayed with the right deal from the right club.

#3 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

That would be a BIG plus!

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Rumour mill says you are going with 5 from Huddersfield and a small squad

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

That has been mentioned, but I would hate to go down the Swinton road where from one week to the next they didn't know who their DR players would be. if they are to be 5 regulars, (I wouldn't expect them all to play at once) who may play in rotation and integrate into the team fair enough. We've been lucky this last year in having a loan player and 3 regular Giants who have all played for the good of the team and would welcome any of them back. Having listened to the rumoured new players though, if we are to go with the smaller squad, then it's inside backs where we could struggle as we already have plenty forwards in Smith, Rowe, Leary, Davies, Applegarth, Chandler and Scott plus probably Nicholson and Leek sharing the hooking. I and the rest of the Dogs fans are eagerly awaiting confirmation or rebuttal of the rumours!!

#6 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

I hope we don't go down that road as been proved with swinton .that it doesn't work as they didn't get a settled team  ,were lucky to stop up and most of the fans were ###### off as they said they had lost their identity. I was thinking of getting a season ticket for next season as hopefully will make it up to more games , but if we go down this route of small squad and 5 DR's i won't bother and just pick and choose what games i come up to

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012