Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup vs Work Productivity

Is it going to take a hit?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Struggling, thinking of getting the IT bod to block access to this site.

Problem is, I'm in charge of the IT...

And that's before we take Twitter and other Apps into account.

Doing my best to soldier on.

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#22 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

I'm trying to find a job, but everytime I go on the internet I end up on here!

It's time to park the camels.

#23 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

I have done very little.

I should probably be sacked.

#24 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I have done very little.

I should probably be sacked.

It could be worse, if we go to war in the next six weeks, I'll probably end up in jail as an objector, solely on the basis of being unable to watch the Rugby League World Cup. That would definitely be a first!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#25 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

My productivity today has gone from not very much (yesterday) to zero. I have also stopped trying to conceal it anymore. This has felt like the run up to Christmas only without the office party and Secret Santa!

#26 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

This has felt like the run up to Christmas only without the office party and Secret Santa!

Your secret santa present will arrive on Saturday in the form of a Kallum Watkins interception try to win the game with 3mins to go! :D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#27 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Your secret santa present will arrive on Saturday in the form of a Kallum Watkins interception try to win the game with 3mins to go! :D

Let's hope so. Cos last year's Secret Santa was a book of RU anecdotes :fie:  (her heart was in the right place I suppose - bless).

#28 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Does nobody have a proper "Northern Job" anymore?

#29 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

Good job I'm self employed, I've done a little less than sod all for a week now.  Mrs Ponterover is starting to notice though, had to buy her off with a trip to a show in London next week.  Hope the theatre has wifi.

#30 Marv Woodburn

Marv Woodburn
  • Coach
  • 989 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Yeah, fat lot of good its done me too. I lost two ferrets, a whippet and seven bags of coal this week because I'm constantly searching for news articles on the rlwc

#31 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

So 11 o'clock approaches an another day and yet again no real productivity achieved other than attending three meetings/conference calls. :rolleyes:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#32 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

So 11 o'clock approaches an another day and yet again no real productivity achieved other than attending three meetings/conference calls. :rolleyes:

I have autonomously decided to work from home today. It is 11 o'clock and I have watched two youtube vids on the WC and done my usual trawl of social media and RL message boards. Absolutely shameful! 

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

We're eagerly awaiting the blokes to start their "Northern Jobs" on Saturday afternoon.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,989 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

A few weeks ago I didn't think it was possible to do less, at least I've learned something.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

A few weeks ago I didn't think it was possible to do less, at least I've learned something.

Unlike Gareth Hock.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#36 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Well, I have 5 hours left in work before I start the first leg of my journey down to South Wales.

Like a kid at Christmas.

I don't mind admitting that s much as I've loved being a Wire fan in recent years, going to three Challenge Cup Finals and two Grand Finals, this still gets me far more excited than any of those trips.

Absolutely nothing beats a major International event.

#37 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

Well, I have 5 hours left in work before I start the first leg of my journey down to South Wales.

Like a kid at Christmas.

I don't mind admitting that s much as I've loved being a Wire fan in recent years, going to three Challenge Cup Finals and two Grand Finals, this still gets me far more excited than any of those trips.

Absolutely nothing beats a major International event.

Same here; Wigan have had a pretty good season this year (as you will know ;)), but none of that has come close to this.

International success means so much more to me personally than club success ever will.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#38 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Same here; Wigan have had a pretty good season this year (as you will know ;)), but none of that has come close to this.

Did they?

In my house when I watch the Grand Final back I watch the 1st half twice, which sees us romping to a comfortable victory!  :tongue:

#39 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

Did they?

In my house when I watch the Grand Final back I watch the 1st half twice, which sees us romping to a comfortable victory!  :tongue:

Dave stop posting on here and get some work done. This is really distracting for some of us trying to get on (and look at the other forums)

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,167 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

I know you're all intersted, thats me on my way to pick up a Hertz car and start my long drive South.

Very excited now :biggrin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users