Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

CHAMPIONS on Video.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I can't copy the link for some reason but if you go to the link in The Baron's thread from a bit lower down there's a brilliant piece to re-live the whole day again!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#2 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Someone post the link please, I can't find it  :cry: 

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#3 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Neither can I.

#4 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

Here it is TLCRF80MINS

Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Cheers Starfire.

Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#6 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

You should all have that link in your favorites

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#7 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

Maybe we should all flood Facebook and Twitter with it.

Put it in the sig lines of any other fora you contribute to.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

#8 DiddyDave

DiddyDave
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

91 years of hurt?! Leave it out,there`s been some great games and memories that most of us can recall even if they have been infrequent. The Cup run in `58,Lancashire Cup Final in `65,the Floodlit Cup in `72,the great team Frank Myler put together in the 60s are foremost in my noggin. That night early in the season (late 60s/early 70s) at the Athletic Ground in the wind and rain when we knocked over the mighty Saints 14-12,or something similar,was a fantastic night,so there have been lots to savour amongst the dross. When the Aussies toured and they had those parades from town up Milnrow Road to the ground were really memorable. I`d love to know how many famous Aussies and Kiwis have played against the red,white and blue over the years,those Kiwi Hakas and Aboriginal dances that the Aussies did before kicking off,can anybody remember them? Oh yeah,the only time I ever got lost was when I ran up the hill to watch a train go past,then couldn`t find my way back to the old man!! They had to get a copper to walk me around the perimeter so dad could see me and pick me up. Great memories.

#9 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Think you are in Oz, DD so this would not realy apply to you, but any of you other interested fans should go and have a pint in the Tanners arms at the bottom of Whitworth Road. Norman Halsall the landlord has quite a lot of old memorabilia photographs adorning the walls and one or two other interesting bits. Call in and have a browse, bet you like it.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#10 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

DD. I can remember the cup run in 58. I was 9 at the time but had to miss the semi-final because of a family wedding. I can also remember matches against the tourists with the Hakas and seem to remember we came close to a win in the early 60's. Another early happy memory  was an 18-8 win at Wigan when I was at primary school as my teacher was a Wigan supporter. I was at the Lancs cup final against Warrington but missed the Floodlit Trophy as I was away at Uni. We reached the John Player Trophy final in the 73-74 season but lost to Warrington. On the way we beat Leeds 5-3 with a Bill Holliday drop goal from half way. The Myler era was to my mind a great time to be a Hornets fan.

Yes there have been some great games and very happy memories but credit must go to this squad as they have actually achieved something that I never thought I would see. Hornets going up to collect a cup (Law Cup excepted). A big thanks to all concerned for a a fantastic day out and a memory to cherish.

#11 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I remember that drop goal from the half way line. It was on a very heavy pitch if I am correct. Ah those were good days .

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#12 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:11 PM

You will find that the  'CHAMPIONS' can actually be found on this link.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vHC5bWgPtnM

or indeed this one;

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ff2V78WqXj4

;)

But congratulations on your promotion, already looking forward to next season.

Regards 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users