Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NCL open debate / forum meeting

Hul clubs

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

I don't see any benefit for any club officially going along to this. It's effectively as useful as some blokes chatting about stuff in a pub - if they then decide to do something official, then great, but why not make this official in the first place if they feel the need for something to be said/done.

It just ends up looking like playground politics.

RUGBY LEAGUE STARTED WITH SOME BLOKES CHATTING IN A PUB

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

a lot of people have raised there concerns to the NCL committee albeit maybe not through the correct channels,

no one has even mentioned having a vote are a rout back if the vote goes in favour of winter after the three year trial so I cant see the problem if clubs get together to discuss it, no need for an agenda to gage clubs   thoughts at this stage, the proper gander going about to get clubs to vote for summer was embarrassing to say the least, so  perhaps an open discussion  is a good thing for all the clubs wanting to go back to winter without the RFL directing the NCL committee  on proceedings. 

#23 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

As covered numerous times. Nobody actually knows what the discussion is about. Quoting the future of the game is such a broad subject. Maybe if the organisers let have some indication on what the Hull clubs spoke about when they met we'd have a better idea and be more prepared for the meeting. People as assuming some discussion over when the season is played. But without an specific agenda or at least specific discussion points I doubt every club will take part

#24 BARRETT

BARRETT
  • Coach
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

As covered numerous times. Nobody actually knows what the discussion is about. Quoting the future of the game is such a broad subject. Maybe if the organisers let have some indication on what the Hull clubs spoke about when they met we'd have a better idea and be more prepared for the meeting. People as assuming some discussion over when the season is played. But without an specific agenda or at least specific discussion points I doubt every club will take part

I wouldn't mind knowing who is doing the "short presentation" at the start of the discussions.  I suspect it will be BARLA and, if it is, the Hull clubs who are behind this are being a bit naughty!

#25 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

As previously mentioned Skirlaugh aren't a driving force behind this, from what I gather there is no motion to drive the club back to winter, 

It's disappointing if people are bypassing the correct channels, personally speaking if Myton are the driving force behind this it's from a barla perspective, I think the playing ability has outstripped the growth of the club there and the powers that be want a return to lower level Yorkshire League winter rugby,

Although it would be a shame to lose any clubs from the ncl it may happen, but they may regret returning to a league without minimum standards or the administration that is currently in place, 

#26 Bigtackle

Bigtackle
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

Having read this thread so far I am a bit confused, Des Fox appears to be speaking on behalf of all the other 4 clubs in Hull yet wehave a representative on the thread from one of the clubs who appears unsure as to what the issue really is! clearly this issue has not being discussed in depth with all the clubs in Hull, I would suggest that the Hull clubs have a meeting of their own and decide what the actual issue is what they would like to pursue then go down the correct channels to achieve an outcome.

#27 west is best

west is best
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Confused is the correct word bigtackle 2 clubs are now distancing them selves from this meeting and speaking to 2 myton youth coaches from different age groups last night they know nothing about it either we know that myton people are on this forum so maybe some one would like to share with us on this thread what the main subject of this meeting is or are we not invited to know just like the chairman and governing body of the ncl

#28 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

As covered numerous times. Nobody actually knows what the discussion is about. Quoting the future of the game is such a broad subject.

I agree spidey. "The future of amateur rugby" could range from the season we play in to the price of pie n peas in the club house. Im all for a debate but to call a meeting like this on a whim, without a set subject will surely just lead to a slanging match and I can not see a point to it. It will end up worse than some topics on this forum!!!

#29 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

it wouldn't be the first time a comment made on here by one member of a club and people take it as that's the whole view of the club, there will be difference of opinions in the same club and it all depends on who uses  the forum who gets there point across , lets not forget that a very small % of people involved in a club actually use are even know about this forum so its very difficult to gage a clubs views by the comments put on here, from what I have witness personally there isn't much support for summer rugby now they have had a sample , but the biggest % of people who do support summer just happen to be on the NCL committee which makes it difficult to get your point across,  

and for the agenda I think everyone would like to know what it is but I will take a guess  and would suggest it might be about the rapid decline of our sport which has been accelerated beyond  control over the last couple of seasons and the clubs may want to gauges if there is enough support to start a winter league of a good standard.

remember its good to talk,

#30 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

it wouldn't be the first time a comment made on here by one member of a club and people take it as that's the whole view of the club, there will be difference of opinions in the same club and it all depends on who uses  the forum who gets there point across , lets not forget that a very small % of people involved in a club actually use are even know about this forum so its very difficult to gage a clubs views by the comments put on here, from what I have witness personally there isn't much support for summer rugby now they have had a sample , but the biggest % of people who do support summer just happen to be on the NCL committee which makes it difficult to get your point across,  

and for the agenda I think everyone would like to know what it is but I will take a guess  and would suggest it might be about the rapid decline of our sport which has been accelerated beyond  control over the last couple of seasons and the clubs may want to gauges if there is enough support to start a winter league of a good standard.

remember its good to talk,

Yet again a pro winter person putting on how they witness not much support for sumer rugby, it gets boring anyone can put what they want on the forum.

Ill go on facts at the last NCL meeting no one brought up the debate about summer rugby, i actually believe we need a debate on it to see how things can improve and what is workign at some clubs may help others.Only Myton seem to have said they want to go back to winter maybe you can tell us wwhich other clubs have dont have support for summer rugby.

#31 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Your quite right mate , the biggest problem being the biggest supporters of the move to summer do not want to admit to any of its failings and are not prepared to enter into a balanced debate .
I understand the frustration of many a volunteer who have gone into summer rugby with an open mind and now find the RFL spin as not materialised .
Yes do have a debate but that debate has to be with everyone involved with the NCL .
And if its the fear of Bullying tactics from any member of the NCL then that is simple to deal with vote them out any league is only as strong as its members .

#32 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

RUGBY LEAGUE STARTED WITH SOME BLOKES CHATTING IN A PUB

Well of course, so this route implies strong dissatisfaction with the current management and rules in place, as was the case in 1895. However, there's a big difference in that the current management want to engage with existing clubs rather than imposing unwanted and onerous restrictions on them.

#33 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Yet again a pro winter person putting on how they witness not much support for sumer rugby, it gets boring anyone can put what they want on the forum.

Ill go on facts at the last NCL meeting no one brought up the debate about summer rugby, i actually believe we need a debate on it to see how things can improve and what is workign at some clubs may help others.Only Myton seem to have said they want to go back to winter maybe you can tell us wwhich other clubs have dont have support for summer rugby.

your right casyorkie, I have made it all up and all the games that are getting called off and all the players not turning up for games is just a horrible rumour, and all the good administrators who have and still walking away from the game and coaches who have posted on here there disapproval, its just one person with several email accounts. 

also I have herd Greg Dyke the chairman of the FA is Kicking himself that they didn't think to run there league in the middle of the holiday season.

is there any room in that sand pit?

#34 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:37 AM

Your quite right mate , the biggest problem being the biggest supporters of the move to summer do not want to admit to any of its failings and are not prepared to enter into a balanced debate .
I understand the frustration of many a volunteer who have gone into summer rugby with an open mind and now find the RFL spin as not materialised .
Yes do have a debate but that debate has to be with everyone involved with the NCL .
And if its the fear of Bullying tactics from any member of the NCL then that is simple to deal with vote them out any league is only as strong as its members .

I am a big supporter of summer Rugby for the NCL but I also do see problems within the switch and these problems do need to be sorted out ASAP. The switch for our club as in general been good for the Open-age teams  not sure about the juniors but a disaster for the youth. I know it does not suit every club. Some of  the clubs outside the NCL and some within it. We do need a debate but a proper organised one with a agenda so clubs can have their fears answered in the correct manner. I can only see this meeting going one way and that is a slagging match between the supporters of summer and the supporters of winter other than that the supporters of summer will not attend. I also feel it we are to have a meeting each club should have the following members there, 2 officials, Club Captain, and Club Coach so we get a across the board opinion. my views at the age of 56 maybe different than the views of a 25 year old. 

Edited by old papa, 05 October 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#35 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Maybe this is to test the water and will be the first of many meetings

#36 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I cannot see any merit in a meeting of this sort. In my eyes the real purpose of this meeting is for Mr.Fox and a small minority of like minded people to pedal their propaganda to suit their own agenda with the aim of convincing a few others to form a splinter group to work against the NCL Management Committee.

In my opinion this is not the way a democratically run league should be acting. As others have stated there are ways and means of going about things and this stinks of skulduggery - especially by not inviting the management committee. I'm not saying that there isn't place for a debate but the clubs voted to commit to Summer RL for a minimum of 3 years - therefore surely a debate would surely be more sensible at the end of this period, with all parties including the management at the table.

I think attempting to shift the season back to winter so soon after moving to summer would be an unmitigated disaster and lead to the demise of the league as we know it.

Summer Rugby isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but working together we can make it better and let's not forget the fact that neither was winter.

In my opinion it is here to stay and in the long run will only benefit the game at all levels.

"Skullduggery" So don't you think the RFL haven't used skulduggery in achieving the divide, It's also apparent which clubs have been singled out and benefitted the most from their policies and it's also reflected either side of the dividing line on here (NCL Committee)

Edited by Marauder, 05 October 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#37 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

As previously mentioned Skirlaugh aren't a driving force behind this, from what I gather there is no motion to drive the club back to winter, 

It's disappointing if people are bypassing the correct channels, personally speaking if Myton are the driving force behind this it's from a barla perspective, I think the playing ability has outstripped the growth of the club there and the powers that be want a return to lower level Yorkshire League winter rugby,

Although it would be a shame to lose any clubs from the ncl it may happen, but they may regret returning to a league without minimum standards or the administration that is currently in place, 

I wonder who will not allow BARLA to operate a new National league (Think about it and ask why not if they are really about what's best for the AMATEUR game.

#38 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Well of course, so this route implies strong dissatisfaction with the current management and rules in place, as was the case in 1895. However, there's a big difference in that the current management want to engage with existing clubs rather than imposing unwanted and onerous restrictions on them.

I take it you've read and understood the implications of the OR

#39 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,686 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Having read this thread so far I am a bit confused, Des Fox appears to be speaking on behalf of all the other 4 clubs in Hull yet wehave a representative on the thread from one of the clubs who appears unsure as to what the issue really is! clearly this issue has not being discussed in depth with all the clubs in Hull, I would suggest that the Hull clubs have a meeting of their own and decide what the actual issue is what they would like to pursue then go down the correct channels to achieve an outcome.

This is just not a shot in the dark after waking up after a heavy night on the tiles (I've known about this for months and it's a lot bigger than just the 5 Hull clubs)

#40 RLRatings

RLRatings
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

I take it you've read and understood the implications of the OR

OR?

www.rugbyleagueratings.com - proving that Featherstone were bound to beat Cas, since 2011.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users