Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NCL open debate / forum meeting

Hul clubs

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

OR?

I'm guessing he means onerous restrictions.

Well, the league has high standards for membership, is that what you mean?

#42 Gonzo1

Gonzo1
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Or perhaps the Opperational Rules!!!

Rugby League is like a box of chocolates - one day a Hazel Nut Whirl the next a Coffee Creme

#43 Gonzo1

Gonzo1
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

If the leading Amateur Clubs are going to sit down tomorrow night and discuss the future of our game then they need to do so in a democratic and inclusive way. If, as seems to be suggested, the debate is going to be led by a small group of people who have a particular agenda then we will all be wasting our time.

The time of the Summer v Winter debate has passed, I agree that for some moving to summer was a poor decision and if they are best served by reversing that decision then they should do so and move on.

As it stands now the RFL are cast as villains for trying to promote the Summer game and BARLA have damaged themselves irrevocably by castigating anything other than the traditional September to March season.

While we continue to rip ourselves apart over these issues, the RFU and other sports that benefit from central funding are laughing all the way to the bank. How can Sport England trust a sport that can’t even agree on how it wants to govern itself?

We are a sport in decline!

The selfish Super League clubs just want to rape the community clubs of all their playing assets whilst putting little back into the clubs that provide them with their most precious resource.

The RFL are drained of resources to support the community game through Sport England funding cuts, caused in the main by them not hitting their participation targets.

BARLA has made little attempt to move with the times and grasp its primary function of representing the amateur game, it sits chunnering in the corner of the room like the ghost of Christmas past.

Instead of coming together like the “Rugby League Family” we purport to be, we continue to squabble over every single issue that confronts us.  

So instead of facing up to the real issues that stop us moving forward, what do we do, we hold meetings in dark corners with no agenda and presentations from god knows who, just so a few clubs can drive their own personal agendas and scare a few others into following them.

And all the while the others in sports who want our players, our supporters and our share of the funding pot stand on the touchline rubbing their hands with glee!!

See you at Leigh tomorrow night!

Rugby League is like a box of chocolates - one day a Hazel Nut Whirl the next a Coffee Creme

#44 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 527 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

The way the move was done give clubs little option but to switch with the uncertainty of where else to play of a similar standard if you didn't move to summer,
If a number of clubs want to move back then so be it, lots of people who love the sport but cannot commit to put the same level of commitment in during the summer months should be allowed to have a discussion on the subject if that's what the meeting is about.
Let's not forget, it's the players who have voted with their feet that should be the main concern, not how much funding the RFL can draw down.

#45 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Is funding the likes of Gateshead good value for money, the area is yet to produce a chain of players ready to play in the championship, in fact last season there were 14 hull based players in the squad on various occasions they have no benefit on the game up there. The 70k per season spent on the thunder could pay nearly 2k to each ncl club, I have no qualms with expansion but I think there are ways to go about it, the London Skolars are a example of how it should be done

This is no slate on Peterlee pumas who do a sterling job for the game with little or no funding

#46 Walter

Walter
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Which clubs are bothering going tonight? I don't think we will be bothering as despite a few requests from clubs NO agenda or information regarding the presentation has been forthcoming.

#47 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I will be going from St.Pats, it's only 10 mins down the road for me, but i agree i would have liked to see an agenda.

#48 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Wath Brow not attending as far as I know

#49 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Wath Brow not attending as far as I know

#50 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

If the leading Amateur Clubs are going to sit down tomorrow night and discuss the future of our game then they need to do so in a democratic and inclusive way. If, as seems to be suggested, the debate is going to be led by a small group of people who have a particular agenda then we will all be wasting our time.

The time of the Summer v Winter debate has passed, I agree that for some moving to summer was a poor decision and if they are best served by reversing that decision then they should do so and move on.

As it stands now the RFL are cast as villains for trying to promote the Summer game and BARLA have damaged themselves irrevocably by castigating anything other than the traditional September to March season.

While we continue to rip ourselves apart over these issues, the RFU and other sports that benefit from central funding are laughing all the way to the bank. How can Sport England trust a sport that can’t even agree on how it wants to govern itself?

We are a sport in decline!

The selfish Super League clubs just want to rape the community clubs of all their playing assets whilst putting little back into the clubs that provide them with their most precious resource.

The RFL are drained of resources to support the community game through Sport England funding cuts, caused in the main by them not hitting their participation targets.

BARLA has made little attempt to move with the times and grasp its primary function of representing the amateur game, it sits chunnering in the corner of the room like the ghost of Christmas past.

Instead of coming together like the “Rugby League Family” we purport to be, we continue to squabble over every single issue that confronts us.  

So instead of facing up to the real issues that stop us moving forward, what do we do, we hold meetings in dark corners with no agenda and presentations from god knows who, just so a few clubs can drive their own personal agendas and scare a few others into following them.

And all the while the others in sports who want our players, our supporters and our share of the funding pot stand on the touchline rubbing their hands with glee!!

See you at Leigh tomorrow night!

Have you taken notice, BARLA have their hands tied by the community board which is controlled by the RFL, Also read the rugby league press and if you don't find it, the Super League aren't completely happy with the RFL.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#51 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Have you taken notice, BARLA have their hands tied by the community board which is controlled by the RFL, Also read the rugby league press and if you don't find it, the Super League aren't completely happy with the RFL.

So they want to take over the reins themselves? Do you really trust the SL clubs any more than the RFL?
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#52 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

So they want to take over the reins themselves? Do you really trust the SL clubs any more than the RFL?

We are starting to see just how divided the professional game has become since large amounts of money have been introduced and the management aren't up to handling it.

#53 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

Have to say that despite my initial skepticism the meeting did throw up some useful discussion and points to be taken forward and developed. I'd have to say that it was a very worthwhile exercise and one that perhaps needs developing a little more formally in future.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#54 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:22 AM

Have to say that despite my initial skepticism the meeting did throw up some useful discussion and points to be taken forward and developed. I'd have to say that it was a very worthwhile exercise and one that perhaps needs developing a little more formally in future.

Good to hear that it was worthwhile, I wonder how many of the useful points would have been lost waiting for recommendation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users