Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

More embarrasment for the RFL

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

The NRL wooden spoonist's get deals that the RFL would like to get for the Super League competition itself.

http://www.smh.com.a...1002-2usc2.html

#2 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

What on earth has that got to do with the RFL?

Pathetic post.
People called Romans they go the house

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Pathetic post.

seconded
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Pathetic post.

Read the article. Its about the worse team the the NRL getting sponsorship. The RFL can't get a sponsor for the flagship Rugby League competition in the NH.

#5 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Pathetic post.

Agree

#6 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

I tell you what is pathetic and that is the RFL can't find a main sponsor for the Super League competition itself.

#7 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

Silly post, the NRL has a massive tv deal. Anyone that sponsors a team well get a crazy amount of tv coverage . Prime time to massive audiences

We just can't give that to our sponsors . The RFL are building slowly and need to the fans to be proud of our game and not try to put it down all the time

#8 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Read the article. Its about the worse team the the NRL getting sponsorship. The RFL can't get a sponsor for the flagship Rugby League competition in the NH.

But where does it mention the RFL?

Comparing a minority sport where we struggle to get TV coverage outside of the Yorkshire/Lancashire areas to the same sport that has every game televised either live or on delay nationwide and has wall to wall coverage in the papers and on tv on the east coast is stupid.

You're talking like Parra are the equivalent of London too. They aren't! They still get good crowds, have a team that would push the top 4 over here and are traditionally one of the better and most popular teams.

This deal has no reflection on the RFL at all. It's like flipping it and an Aussie saying what an embarrassment the A League are because the worst team in the premiership have a sponsorship deal that brings in more money than they get.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#9 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:46 AM

This deal has no reflection on the RFL at all. It's like flipping it and an Aussie saying what an embarrassment the A League are because the worst team in the premiership have a sponsorship deal that brings in more money than they get.

And there you have it. Spot on.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Comparing a minority sport where we struggle to get TV coverage outside of the Yorkshire/Lancashire areas to the same sport that has every game televised either live or on delay nationwide and has wall to wall coverage in the papers and on tv on the east coast is stupid.

You're talking like Parra are the equivalent of London too. They aren't! They still get good crowds, have a team that would push the top 4 over here and are traditionally one of the better and most popular teams.

+1

#11 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:25 AM

Does the way embarrassing bit refer to you actually creating this thread on an RL board? Because that's easily the most embarrassing thing about it.

#12 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

I like the way you mention how every NRL game is televised as though this is a given - something that the NRL was handed on a plate at its formation. It is credit to the bold moves NRL undertook in the late 90s that this glorious situation now exists and the Aussies reap the benefits of this exposure.

How near is the RFL to getting all Super League games televised? Is there a framework for development towards this end? Does it even aspire to this scenario?

It's an excellent post and the sniggering back-biting towards it just testament to how insular and sensitive you all are as SL fans.

#13 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I will finish on this. If your happy for Rugby League's flagship competition in the NH not to have a sponsor i find that odd. I want Super League to have sponsor.

Other sports have no trouble finding sponsors from a broad spectrum of companies why cant Rugby League?

#14 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

I will finish on this. If your happy for Rugby League's flagship competition in the NH not to have a sponsor i find that odd. I want Super League to have sponsor.

Other sports have no trouble finding sponsors from a broad spectrum of companies why cant Rugby League?

You are finishing because you are embarrassed and are climbing down.

Regardless of what you put above it is in no way related to how this post was started or your justification for this thread.

It's like starting a thread about how crowds are down but instead of starting a thread about this, making out like it is embarrassing that more people watched 1 Premier League club than the whole of SL in a year.

The two are not the same, you have been called out for your ridiculous approach not for the fact that the RFL doesn't have a sponsor.

Edited by Maximus Decimus, 02 October 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#15 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Only three games a week are shown on free TV in Australia and that would only be in the eastern states, two live one on delay.

Any other games are on Pay TV only.

Pay TV is in less than 30% of homes and subscriptions are falling (nothing to do with Rugby League)

#16 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Only three games a week are shown on free TV in Australia and that would only be in the eastern states, two live one on delay.

Any other games are on Pay TV only.

Pay TV is in less than 30% of homes and subscriptions are falling (nothing to do with Rugby League)

Only 3 a week are on FTA?

OR 38% of clubs feature on FTA every week.

Edited by Maximus Decimus, 02 October 2013 - 11:59 AM.

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Ah, you've written in bold so it must be important.

https://yourlogicalf...com/false-cause

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,982 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

Ah, you've written in bold so it must be important.

https://yourlogicalf...com/false-cause

I wash my clothes with Bold.

Does that make me important?

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Only 3 a week are on FTA?

OR 38% of clubs feature on FTA every week.

That is correct, I was just pointing out that it is not every game on TV each week and the delayed game is at 10:30 pm when most can not be arsed watching it.

Its Friday night and Sunday afternoon  basically in the Eastern States.

Edited by AndyCapp, 02 October 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#20 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,056 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

I wash my clothes with Bold.

Does that make me important?

https://yourlogicalf...peal-to-emotion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users