Wow! - RL Good News Story on Front Page of Daily Mirror

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Leeds can't be any worse than St Helens.

And as for Saints the club, aside from a visit from the WC trophy for our match against Warrington in the league, this is the sum total of their promotion so far, and I'd rather they hadn't bothered:

http://www.saintsrlf.../news/page/3419

Along with the sole flag on a lamp post that has been the Council's contribution, I'd be happy to suggest that neither the town nor the club deserves an international game in the future regardless of how posh the stadium looks.

I'm embarrassed by both of them so far.

Was at Langtree for the Wire match at the back end of August and thought it surprising that more wasn't being made of the World Cup, there and around the town.

#42 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Leeds have done a few things. There are banners around the train station and there has been a poster outside the tourist office for best part of a year. There was obviously the excellent exhibition in the library throughout September.

#43 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'm going to buy a copy tomorrow of the mirror just to show my support

#44 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

No wonder the RFU are pushing it in Leeds, have you seen the fixtures they have allocated to Elland Road? I wouldn't like to have to shift 80,000 tickets for matches between Canada and Italy and Scotland and USA. Dirge springs to mind.

Flower of Scotland?

#45 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 960 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Flower of Scotland?

No, just a pretty poor standard of rugby. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users