Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One gone

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just like to wish Ben Kaye all the best at his new club as he was not the fastest but always give 100% for Fev and was very popular with the other players in the squad

Question now is who's next to leave

#2 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

don't know why but got a sneaky feeling it could be heppy and even tommy but hope am wtong ???

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Yes reported in the RL Express. I too am sad to see him go. A very good clubman and an excellent defender. I thought we had had a declaration that none of our players were available. Is that now not the case?

#4 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

Yes reported in the RL Express. I too am sad to see him go. A very good clubman and an excellent defender. I thought we had had a declaration that none of our players were available. Is that now not the case?

Significant difference between not available and allowed to leave. ;) Good luck to Benny, always grafted and played the game like he enjoyed it.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#5 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

There be more to go yet

#6 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

the one memory i have from benny was a couple of seasons back think everyone had scored a try that season apart from benny think it was the last game of the season and still had'nt scored we were winning easy that game and with about 5 min to go he was pleading with the players to let him score a try he was backing up all the game but no try ??? you could see he was getting a bit fed up even the other players were haveing a laugh at him then with like i said think it was matty dale was over the try line ready to put the ball down when who was there but benny pleading with him to give him the ball to score a try which matty did ??? benny had a smile from ear to ear jumping about like he had just won the lottery and all because he din't want to do the naked run down station lane for not scoeing all season best of luck benny where your going i know you will give nothing but 100%

#7 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Benny

#8 Conway91

Conway91
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

Shame to see him leave, good luck Ben Kaye
Effort is wasted reminiscing over past disappointments. Move onwards, move upwards.

#9 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

It was barrow at home that game and it was zak hardaker who gave him the ball plug - the video is on youtube

#10 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

there i go wrong again story of my life !!!! still made us all laugh behind the sticks

#11 Big Dave

Big Dave
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

Benny K always gives 100% every game. Nice comments by Longy in the paper.

#12 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

A very enthusiatic player matches his life outside of Featherstone.

Good Luck Ben at your new club

#13 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Best wishes, Ben. A good stalwart and team player.

#14 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

There be more to go yet

Any names heard?

#15 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Heard names but don't know if there true so we will have to see But if the four from Batley come in plus the 3 we have officially announced then some will go Has any club signed 7 and released 1

#16 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Players will have to leave, if others are to come in, and as long as they are an improvement I am more than happy. Rumours suggest that Hepworth and Saxton may leave, and I wouldn't be surprised if Briggs, Dale, and Lamont Bryan left as well. Unfortunately I am also not sure if Sam Smeaton will be fit enough to return next season, which is a real shame for the young lad.... 

Anyway, I've heard nothing,just what I think may happen.

#17 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

We started the season with Michael Haley and Anthony England, and got temporary cover in the shape of Sam Barlow and James Green, none of whom will be here next season. Will Sharp can be considered as a direct swap for Tommy Hodson, but Ben Kaye has gone, so that makes three available places, and Ben Hellawell will probably make four?

We also started the season with Kyle Briggs, although he wasn't replaced when he got injured, and Smeaton was probably expected back before the play-offs. Both will be unknown quantities for next season, if they both make a full recovery it will be a bonus, but we can't build our season around them.

So if all the rumoured newbies do come there won't be that many that will have to move on. But I have heard that Tommy is going because he doesn't want full-time, and there may be others in the same boat?

#18 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've kept wondering why so many signings, but then looked at the club website. From the 2013 listed squad of 24, Haley, Hodson, Kaye have been confirmed as going, England pretty much certainly will be and Mackay and Ormandroyd appear to have vanished off the face of the earth as far as I can tell. Even assuming no-one else will leave and all the long term injured recover full fitness, adding 7 new players to the squad would actually only mean an increase of 1 on how we started this season on that basis.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#19 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

In Pack we have Hirst Warmsley roache Cording Nickleson Bostock Crossley Lockwood James Spear Lamont Dale Hepworth Ellis Flannighan Bussey Briggs

Someone must be leaving no matter how big a squad we want we cannot keep them all happy and that's just the pack

As for Smeaton his contact will now be up and he has just had another opp so don't see him coming back too soon although I hope I'm wrong and he does

I'll go for Dale Lamont and Heppy leaving

#20 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

In Pack we have Hirst Warmsley roache Cording Nickleson Bostock Crossley Lockwood James Spear Lamont Dale Hepworth Ellis Flannighan Bussey Briggs

Someone must be leaving no matter how big a squad we want we cannot keep them all happy and that's just the pack

As for Smeaton his contact will now be up and he has just had another opp so don't see him coming back too soon although I hope I'm wrong and he does

I'll go for Dale Lamont and Heppy leaving

Probably making allowances for those who have no inclination for the full time game. Not to everyones liking

Edited by saddleworth, 04 October 2013 - 10:48 AM.