Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One gone

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Lamont Bryan has impressed me greatly every time I've seen him play for you. He's still a bit raw but his handling seems to have improved no end over the course of this season and he's one of the most destructive runners in your pack. Surely it'd be a mistake to let him go?

Posted Image

#22 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Lamont Bryan has impressed me greatly every time I've seen him play for you. He's still a bit raw but his handling seems to have improved no end over the course of this season and he's one of the most destructive runners in your pack. Surely it'd be a mistake to let him go?

He's certainly improved over the year. He's also contracted for next year, so would need paying off which would seem a waste! 

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#23 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:54 PM

He's certainly improved over the year. He's also contracted for next year, so would need paying off which would seem a waste!

And he won an award lasr night.

#24 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Just like to wish Ben Kaye all the best at his new club as he was not the fastest but always give 100% for Fev and was very popular with the other players in the squad

Question now is who's next to leave

Lots of water to go under the bridge with regards to squad for 2014.......really hope Lamont is in. He made a great contribution, especially 2nd half of season.

Would like to say Ben top bloke, agree always 100% and never a backward step in defence. Should get a good reception if he comes back to play at Fev (even if in different colours)

#25 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Don't rely overly on Hirst and Walmsley, they're both very much on and off players, neither has a good record of holding onto the ball and Walmsley really isn't that big, and Hirst is often taking the ball from a standing start instead of using his size on the bust. If kear couldn't get him going is Bastian going to get any more out of him now that he's 3 years older than he was when he arrived with us? I heard that Matty Dale was on his way to The Mount, any truth in it? Obviously you've got a great addition in George, full of beans and life, Moore was hitting his best again, but where is he going to play? You've got a great pair of halves in Kane and Finn, who's getting dropped, and will that player be happy to stay? It's great getting new players, but we forget that somebody has to go.

#26 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Don't rely overly on Hirst and Walmsley, they're both very much on and off players, neither has a good record of holding onto the ball and Walmsley really isn't that big, and Hirst is often taking the ball from a standing start instead of using his size on the bust. If kear couldn't get him going is Bastian going to get any more out of him now that he's 3 years older than he was when he arrived with us? I heard that Matty Dale was on his way to The Mount, any truth in it? Obviously you've got a great addition in George, full of beans and life, Moore was hitting his best again, but where is he going to play? You've got a great pair of halves in Kane and Finn, who's getting dropped, and will that player be happy to stay? It's great getting new players, but we forget that somebody has to go.

I don't think any of the Batley quartet figure are "key" signings. Cording, Nicholson and Uaisele are the marquee additions. Flanagan will be the interchange hooker with Ellis, but if any of the other Batley lads get on the field with any regularity, it will probably mean they are playing extremely well - none of them are filling an obvious gap, but they'll provide depth.

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'll go for Dale Lamont and Heppy leaving[/quote]

Has the club announced any departures yet apart from Kaye

#28 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'll go for Dale Lamont and Heppy leaving[/quote]

Has the club announced any departures yet apart from Kaye
[/quote]

Has the Smeaton position been clarified yet>

#29 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

As far as I know Smeatons contract end at the end of October . Cannot see Fev renewing it to be honest until the injury is cleared up they didn't pay for the last operation

There is changes next season regarding the players as we all know JB bringing his own mates in and getting rid of what we have got Let's hope it works out time will tell. I think just a couple of new faces would of done as our league position has shown but obviously the BOD think different lets hope they haven't made a mistake

If the 2 players go to Batley as we are hearing I don't think the ones we have brought in are any better and will improve what we are letting go but I'm not the coach or the chairman and they won't want to fail

One thing is I want Fev to be the best but with some of the signings and talking to the Batley supporters You would think we have recruited badly

Edited by jt, 13 October 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#30 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Is Finn the next on his way looks like Wakey are interested I have been told tonight although I don't know if this is true. Checked on Wakey site and there is talk on there about him going

#31 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

Is Finn the next on his way looks like Wakey are interested I have been told tonight although I don't know if this is true. Checked on Wakey site and there is talk on there about him going

And how exactly will they afford the transfer fee?

Half the posters on there believe he's been released by Fev and will come 'cheap'

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 08 November 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#32 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

And how exactly will they afford the transfer fee?

Half the posters on there believe he's been released by Fev and will come 'cheap'

I don't think Fev will say no to Wakey they let Fax speak to him I have a feeling certain players are not in the new coaches plans

#33 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

I don't think Fev will say no to Wakey they let Fax speak to him I have a feeling certain players are not in the new coaches plans

But they didn't let him go did they? He's 30ish,so unlikely get a long contract,and more importantly has his own business, so why would he go full time and 

jeopardise that?

#34 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

But they didn't let him go did they? He's 30ish,so unlikely get a long contract,and more importantly has his own business, so why would he go full time and
jeopardise that?

Think it was more of he didn't want to leave if the truth be known If Wakey do want him and its true don't think the new coach or BOD will stop him IMO looks like Moore is JB choice next year I hope I'm wrong

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:41 PM

Has Ben Helliwell gone or is it just another rumour

#36 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

From what I have heard and read. Smeaton, Helliwell and Finn are staying with Bastion's blessing.

#37 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

From what I have heard and read. Smeaton, Helliwell and Finn are staying with Bastion's blessing.

Good that's great news to here

#38 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,905 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

We currently have way over 30 contracted players. I'd be amazed if we retained a squad of that size.....
We'll see, but with briggs, kain, finn, heppy and moore in for the 2 half backs.... summats got to give....
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#39 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,150 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

We currently have way over 30 contracted players. I'd be amazed if we retained a squad of that size.....
We'll see, but with briggs, kain, finn, heppy and moore in for the 2 half backs.... summats got to give....

I'm thinking along the same lines as you Robin
Im Fev and im proud

#40 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Well one of those halfbacks mentioned above has had a run in with campbell so ive heard so watch this space regarding the halfback situation as it may be eased straight away but ill say no moore on the situation.....;)

Edited by elppaxr2i, 16 November 2013 - 07:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users