Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One gone

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Well one of those halfbacks mentioned above has had a run in with campbell so ive heard so watch this space regarding the halfback situation as it may be eased straight away but ill say no moore on the situation.....;)

go on.... say some more! :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#42 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

Well one of those halfbacks mentioned above has had a run in with campbell so ive heard so watch this space regarding the halfback situation as it may be eased straight away but ill say no moore on the situation.....;)

That shouldn't matter should it the coach is the man who selects the players and JB wanted them so it will be up to him won't it

#43 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

When you try and embarrass the chairman by saying you better be playing every week or else or wont honour contract i think it might get taken out of JB hands dont you? Like i said i will say no moore on the situation just watch this space ;)

Edited by elppaxr2i, 16 November 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#44 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

When you try and embarrass the chairman in front of people by saying you better be playing every week or else or wont honour contract, i think it might get taken out of JB hands dont you? Like i said i will say no moore on the situation just watch this space ;)

:ph34r: I have no idea who you mean!!!

#45 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:05 PM

When you try and embarrass the chairman in front of people by saying you better be playing every week or else or wont honour contract, i think it might get taken out of JB hands dont you? Like i said i will say no moore on the situation just watch this space ;)

We were told by the Batley fans that he thought he was better than everyone else but he isn't and they couldn't understand why we had got him when we had Finn Kain and Briggs

If what you say is true then I agree we don't want them type of players at Fev and get rid before the season starts each player should be picked on performance it isn't as though we are short

#46 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Batley fans? Gareth Moore? Im on about James Mendeika, dont know where you got gareth moore from ;)

Edited by elppaxr2i, 16 November 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#47 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,958 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Batley fans? Gareth Moore? Im on about James Mendeika, dont know where you got gareth moore from ;)

Batley

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#48 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

I can say pretty categorically that Gareth won't stay past the first few weeks of the season if he isn't playing - which I don't expect he will be given that Finn looks to be staying with you. He hasn't got the greatest track record in this respect. Mind you, if he signed for Bastian on the proviso that he would be your regular No.7, then I can see why might be a bit peeved.

Posted Image

#49 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

To be honest tom id be surprised if any player was given such a guarantee on signing.
The days when David hobbs has more or less just his regular 17 and players could say and do what they want with little consequence have long past. Other good players are now there to replace those out of form, injured or just being daft!
A coach has to pick who he thinks is his best 17.... the rest will then know what they have to do to achieve that.
I wouldn't have thought any player is exempt from that.

Edited by Robin Evans, 17 November 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#50 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

To be honest tom id be surprised if any player was given such a guarantee on signing.
The days when David hobbs has more or less just his regular 17 and players could say and do what they want with little consequence have long past. Other good players are now there to replace those out of form, injured or just being daft!
A coach has to pick who he thinks is his best 17.... the rest will then know what they have to do to achieve that.
I wouldn't have thought any player is exempt from that.

That's a big part of the problem with Gareth, I think. He's indicated in the past (at both Halifax and Batley) that he feels he should be first choice wherever he goes, regardless of form/competition etc.

Posted Image

#51 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

One thing that you can be sure about with Gareth Moore, he'll have decent hairdresser.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 17 November 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#52 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

I am sure that I read somewhere that Bastion was happy with 38 players and that made competition for places and also covered for injuries. Anyway Briggs can play in other positions and Heppy is a utuility player as he has already shown.

#53 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

38 players???
If we can afford to pay 38 players, I'd be staggered!
If we could keep em all happy id recommend JB for a knighthood!

#54 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

JB says in this weeks P&C he has a squad of 31 - 32 and that will bring the best out of them. He also says it's not a huge squad for a long hard season

#55 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

I am sure that I read somewhere that Bastion was happy with 38 players and that made competition for places and also covered for injuries. Anyway Briggs can play in other positions and Heppy is a utuility player as he has already shown.

I think it was 28, not 38!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#56 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

That makes sense...

#57 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Maybe I read it wrong. Mind you I am due for an eye operation. Mind you jt read 31-32 in P&C. So does that make more sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users