Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Central London pub for SL Grand Final

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Quick heads up - Spoke to the landlord at the Hope on Whitfield Street, W1 (near Goodge St tube) earlier today and he confirmed that the SL Grand Final will defo be on with sound. This is likely to be upstairs if there is a big crowd in for football (Man U) but if not it may be on downstairs - so check both!

#2 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Decent ale? I might be tempted down to Fitzrovia if there is.

#3 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yes. Always has some decent guest real ales on

#4 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Not valid there, but there are a couple of places nearby you can stop off before or afterwards for a free pint: http://www.freedrink...hp?Code=W1T 2AJ

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#5 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Bump - would recommend that anyone thinking of coming should try and get there early (i.e. before the football starts) as this will help show that we have good enough numbers to justify having the match on the main screen downstairs

#6 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Bumping this up one final time

#7 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

For info - This game will be on downstairs straight after the SA v NZ RU finishes at about 5.50

#8 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Good choice of pub Lobby - I'm only sorry about the result. I was tempted to pronounce "Who's Lobbygobbler" but thought better of it. I ruled out Quins and Northampton RU shirts and Juventus hoodie. As a non Sky subscriber I'll be back.

#9 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Good choice of pub Lobby - I'm only sorry about the result. I was tempted to pronounce "Who's Lobbygobbler" but thought better of it. I ruled out Quins and Northampton RU shirts and Juventus hoodie. As a non Sky subscriber I'll be back.

I was sat/stood near the back in a group of four blokes (supporting Wire naturally), next to the RU guys. Must apologise for missing the first two mins, but it was better to wait for RU to finish and have it on the bigger screens downstairs. The landlord and I both thought the RU would have finished at 5.50pm. Will hopefully be watching some bbc world cup games there. The landlord was talking of getting premier sports yesterday as well but not sure if that will happen. The Jetlag bar on Cleveland St (which is a 5 min walk from the Hope) does have premier sports though and never gets packed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users