Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

coach

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 768 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

You don't see what the rush is??? Read the league express / league weekly Monday and look at the recruitment drive going on with other clubs. It would be good to have a coach in place so he can identify players he wants (obviously within the pay structure of the club) rather than been left with players other clubs don't want. I agree the best part if last years squad is still there but it needs adding to considerably.

Go to agree we need a coach ASAP as this is the time of year the super league clubs are getting rid of the academy lads not good enough for SL and whoever is coach will have to start looking for potential recruits before the other championship clubs grab all the decent players

#42 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

You don't see what the rush is??? Read the league express / league weekly Monday and look at the recruitment drive going on with other clubs. It would be good to have a coach in place so he can identify players he wants (obviously within the pay structure of the club) rather than been left with players other clubs don't want. I agree the best part if last years squad is still there but it needs adding to considerably.

+1

#43 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Well said Rat Catcher.

#44 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Does mike whitehead or Stuart Rhodes not want the job?

#45 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 377 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Does mike whitehead or Stuart Rhodes not want the job?

Hahahahahaha

#46 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

I would like to think that Steve Deakin would be able to return as until he fell foul of DJ we absolutley blitzed all during his brief reign. Hopefully a statto would be able to confirm this.

Otherwise we still await 48 hrs Phew

#47 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Your right when Deakin was in charge we were unbeaten, but from what I remember he was relieved of his duties for comments made to a player during a training session?

#48 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 671 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:42 AM

Dave Clark has left South Wales to take up a post with RFL in Cumbria

#49 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Dave Clark has left South Wales to take up a post with RFL in Cumbria

Looks like he is replacing Stuart Wilkinson at the Cumbria Academy at Lillyhall, Workington. Wilkinson has gone to UCLAN, Preston as a lecturer and also part-time assistant coach at Whitehaven.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#50 Walnut

Walnut
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Looks like he is replacing Stuart Wilkinson at the Cumbria Academy at Lillyhall, Workington. Wilkinson has gone to UCLAN, Preston as a lecturer and also part-time assistant coach at Whitehaven.

That has to be the lowest rung on any Rugby League ladder!

#51 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I would of thought that any potential coach would already have used his contacts and have a good idea who he will be signing if and when he gets the job.
So seeing as it will be sometime next week when the BoD makes their final choice we are not in such a bad position after all?
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#52 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

I think we could be waiting a bit longer than next week.

#53 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

The only thing you doom & gloom merchants haven't got are facts, now pack it in and be patient like the majority of fans are, we have a BOD, elected to guide us, now let them do their job, if you disagree with their decision fair enough, criticism based on facts can be a good thing, but half of what's been said on this topic is rubbish.

#54 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 866 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Well said
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#55 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

The only thing you doom & gloom merchants haven't got are facts, now pack it in and be patient like the majority of fans are, we have a BOD, elected to guide us, now let them do their job, if you disagree with their decision fair enough, criticism based on facts can be a good thing, but half of what's been said on this topic is rubbish.

+1

#56 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Well said !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users