TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Joe Mellor extends Widnes contract

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Form halfback Joe Mellor has signed a two-year extension to his current Widnes Vikings contract until the end of the 2016 season.

Click here to view the article

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

The weekend starts here in VW's house.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

:dancing:

#4 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

This is really good news.  He's still only 22 years old and improving all the time.

#5 Johnny Rocco

Johnny Rocco
  • Coach
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

The weekend starts here in VW's house.

You'll get even less sense than normal out of him today. I bet he's already on his 2nd bottle of babycham and 3rd sock.

#6 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

This is really good news. He's still only 22 years old and improving all the time.

I'll take your word for it on his age, but I must contest your view that VW is improving.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#7 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

I bet he's already on his 2nd bottle of babycham and 3rd sock.

lol

• RSN likes this

#8 Leighton10

Leighton10
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Great to get him to resign for the vikings. Him and hanbury have been there outstanding players all year round.

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

about bloody time too................now for stefan marsh
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

about bloody time too................now for stefan marsh

Are you not pushing to extend the superstar signing Kevin Brown?

#11 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

Are you not pushing to extend the superstar signing Kevin Brown?

He's ex Wigan so I'd presume so.

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

no need kev is already on a 4 year deal, and nice of you to recognise how talented he is.......
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#13 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:30 PM

He's ex Wigan so I'd presume so.

we wont have to offer a brown envelope for him either! unlike a certain team who play in blue and white.

#14 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have been hoping for quite a while that the Giants would have a right go to sign him, He's a player i like a lot, However Prop forwards have overtaken our long standing need for a half, and that is certainly where we have been found wanting, Kafusi and Bailey may be the answer in our forwards we shall have to wait and see. I have wanted us to sign Broughton for a long time, and we finally have, maybe well get Mellor in the fulness of time.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#15 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,809 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

no need kev is already on a 4 year deal, and nice of you to recognise how talented he is.......

I recognise that you have a man crush. As a player he's decidedly ordinary.

#16 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

not at all mate, kev was superb for us at times this season...

#17 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I recognise that you have a man crush. As a player he's decidedly ordinary.

ordinary's perhaps a tad harsh.....the thing is with Brown, he doesn't set the world on fire.....and in some games he can be quite anonymous.....but then he can, at times, show a bit of class - either by a lovely pass, a great kick through, or even a dash for the line himself and when he does things like that you dare to believe he's a great player.....until you forget about him for the next 3 or 4 games ....it would be great if those special moments were more frequent but they aren't.....and they weren't that frequent when he was at Hudds

Edited by chuffer, 03 October 2013 - 11:00 PM.

#18 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

ordinary's perhaps a tad harsh.....the thing is with Brown, he doesn't set the world on fire.....and in some games he can be quite anonymous.....but then he can, at times, show a bit of class - either by a lovely pass, a great kick through, or even a dash for the line himself and when he does things like that you dare to believe he's a great player.....until you forget about him for the next 3 or 4 games ....it would be great if those special moments were more frequent but they aren't.....and they weren't that frequent when he was at Hudds

He's had the same problem with consistency since he started at Wigan. A very good player on his day, unfortunately those days a few and far between.

Anyway, good news in terms of Mellor. Glad to see him flourishing in SL, even if it wasn't meant to be at Wigan.

#19 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

widnes fans are rightly excited by the likes of mellor, hanbury,cahill etc etc, we have spent so many years signing bargain basement players who any other team wouldn't touch. now we have superb players in our team at long last.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

widnes fans are rightly excited by the likes of mellor, hanbury,cahill etc etc, we have spent so many years signing bargain basement players who any other team wouldn't touch. now we have superb players in our team at long last.

Err, Crusaders anyone?

:huh:

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users