Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Lyon and Michael Jennings take centre stage in Sunday's NRL grand final

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

AS with many of the head-to-head contests in the Sea Eagles Roosters grand final, the three-quarter line battle is shaping as a ripper. Particularly the match-up between the world's best centre Jamie Lyon and the flashiest, Michael Jennings.

Manly are number one for attack on both sides of the field, and it’s easy to see why when you analyse the quality of their three-quarter line.

Jamie Lyon is, without a doubt, the best centre in the NRL. He may not be as athletically gifted as Michael Jennings, but he is a footballer. He knows when to call the ball, he knows how to get outside his man and he knows how to put an incredibly potent finisher in Williams away down the sideline.

He terrorised Souths' Bryson Goodwin in the preliminary final and Williams reaped the benefits, scoring one of the tries of the season.  Lyon also kept Greg Inglis at bay with his perfectly timed up-and-in defence. Michael Jennings can expect the same treatment this weekend. 

More here...http://www.news.com....l-1226732379531

I wonder if Lyons can be tempted to come out of Test retirement? I don't think so but who knows?

Edited by AndyCapp, 03 October 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#2 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

AS with many of the head-to-head contests in the Sea Eagles Roosters grand final, the three-quarter line battle is shaping as a ripper. Particularly the match-up between the world's best centre Jamie Lyon and the flashiest, Michael Jennings.

Manly are number one for attack on both sides of the field, and it’s easy to see why when you analyse the quality of their three-quarter line.
Jamie Lyon is, without a doubt, the best centre in the NRL. He may not be as athletically gifted as Michael Jennings, but he is a footballer. He knows when to call the ball, he knows how to get outside his man and he knows how to put an incredibly potent finisher in Williams away down the sideline.

He terrorised Souths' Bryson Goodwin in the preliminary final and Williams reaped the benefits, scoring one of the tries of the season.  Lyon also kept Greg Inglis at bay with his perfectly timed up-and-in defence. Michael Jennings can expect the same treatment this weekend. 
More here...http://www.news.com....l-1226732379531

I wonder if Lyons can be tempted to come out of Test retirement? I don't think so but who knows?

That last sentence, I sincerely hope not, the thought appals me, especially were he to be matched against Leeeeeroy!

The rest, well having watched every televised game Manly have played on P/sports this term I would wholeheartedly agree with the assessment on Lyons.
Along with Jennings and also Matai, he has been superb this season. Better than he has ever been infact and, seemingly improving more and more the longer he goes on.

#3 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

How I wish he was still a Saint. 

Played 63 games - 46 Tries, 213 goals for 610 points 2005-2006.

Posted Image

#4 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Played 63 games - 46 Tries, 213 goals for 610 points 2005-2006.

He certainly wowed the fans.

#5 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

What time does the game kick off UK time?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Oh dear, what's he been up to?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

how long ago did he play for saints? must be a while now?

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#8 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Absolutely superb player, I hope he leads Manly to some more glory on the weekend.

#9 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

What time does the game kick off UK time?

The build up to the main game is around 8:30am Sunday, probably end up around 9am kick off.