Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

widnes sign liam carberry

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

widnes have signed wigan youngster liam carberry on a 1 year deal, i don't know a great deal about him but if he turns out as good as joey mellor and stefan marsh he will be a superb signing.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

widnes have signed wigan youngster liam carberry on a 1 year deal, i don't know a great deal about him but if he turns out as good as joey mellor and stefan marsh he will be a superb signing.

Good signing in my view - rate him above Logan Tomkins to be honest as a prospect, but was unlucky with injuries that dropped him down the pecking order. Could be the second time that an unfortunate injury to a Wigan starlet has benefitted Widnes - Joe Mellor was the same.

#3 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Paul Johnson has been released by FC rumours are he is on his way to Widnes.

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Is this the lad who is from Warrington or played his early years in Warrington. If it is, he was told by Wigan he'd always be behind Logan due to Sam being at the club...... Great signing for widnes if he's the one.

#5 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

yes wigan signed him from bold miners...
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#6 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'd say Bold's more Saints than Warrington

#7 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:17 AM

Is this the lad who is from Warrington or played his early years in Warrington. If it is, he was told by Wigan he'd always be behind Logan due to Sam being at the club...... Great signing for widnes if he's the one.

I think that is more a logical rumour than the truth as far as I'm aware. Not really a valid reason either for the future, given Sam is gone after Saturday. The reality is that Carberry's bad luck with injury ruled him out of a potential chance, whereas Logan took his opportunities when they came along. Nothing sinister, even if Logan has been just solid rather than outstanding.

In terms of the Warrington reference - that was Mellor, Liam Carberry was signed from Bold Miners as mentioned.

Edited by giwildgo, 04 October 2013 - 06:18 AM.

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:30 AM

I think that is more a logical rumour than the truth as far as I'm aware. Not really a valid reason either for the future, given Sam is gone after Saturday. The reality is that Carberry's bad luck with injury ruled him out of a potential chance, whereas Logan took his opportunities when they came along. Nothing sinister, even if Logan has been just solid rather than outstanding.

In terms of the Warrington reference - that was Mellor, Liam Carberry was signed from Bold Miners as mentioned.

Thanks.

#9 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

yeah mellor played for latchford albion, was a brilliant junior who always shone above the rest.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,988 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I'd say Bold's more Saints than Warrington

Maybe it's 2 in 1.

(A second washing powder gag this week, splendid)

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

At least you're keeping 'em clean

#12 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Maybe it's 2 in 1.

(A second washing powder gag this week, splendid)

I get your dreft. :ph34r:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users