Message from Danny

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have been asked by Danny Maun to post the following.

As most of you will now be aware I have decided, after a lot of soul searching , to have one final year playing the game I love. Initially I decided to retire, but having been asked by Barry Eaton, I have signed for Hunslet for 2014. My body is not getting any younger, though my mind still thinks I am 21, and it has become increasingly difficult to recover from the niggles and knocks.The standard of Rugby, and speed, now being played up at the ''Mount'' makes it even harder for a 30 something to keep up with. This of course is a credit to the coaching staff and ALL the players. I feel I would cope better with the challenges in Championship One, and of course, you are a long time retired.

It was always my ambition to play for Batley, and what I have achieved has exceeded my wildest dreams. 200 plus games, very nearly 100 tries, a N.Rail Winners medal , A Grand Final appearance, top 6 places in the division, and with the support of the BEST fans in the League, never mind the DIvision.You have always backed me, encouraged me, supported me, in the good times and the ''not so good'' times, and for that I will be forever grateful.

The culmination of my career at Batley was of course the Grand Final, and you cannot believe what your OUTSTANDING support on the day meant to me and all the lads, it was unbelievable. The noise gave me goose pimples and made my hair stand on end. We were just so gutted we couldn't bring it home for you all.

Anyway folks, it's time to go , and you WILL see me back at my beloved Mount .

Keep supporting the best team in the land.

Love and respect,

Danny Maun.

Edited by colinb, 03 October 2013 - 01:59 PM.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

RESPECT DANNY MOURNE LOOKING FORWARD TO CHEERING YOU ON AT SLS.
chappy

#3 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Top man , good luck Danny

A new future has begun!

#4 beestondog

beestondog
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Danny, and good luck at SLS.

#5 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

all the best danny lad.am sure next season you will give the hunslet fans plenty to shout about come game time,

all chapters in life danny. thanks for some great memorys over the years. :shout: :bb:

#6 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Great post, not something you see too often on these forums when a player moves on, and says a lot about both player and club.

Looking forward to seeing Danny in a Hunslet shirt next season.

#7 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Danny is still a top championship player and a Batley legend. Should Hunslet have to play at the mount next season I'm sure we'll hear danny's name being sung by the fans.

Good luck Danny boy

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Great post, not something you see too often on these forums when a player moves on, and says a lot about both player and club.

Looking forward to seeing Danny in a Hunslet shirt next season.

+1

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Great player - too good for Championship 1.

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Danny he's been a good player for us, but lets be honest - his attacking threat at this level is now negligible and has been on the decline for a few seasons now. He'll do a good job for Hunslet, but he's just short of Championship standard these days. Good luck to him.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users