RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ireland World Cup Squad

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 rhodders

rhodders
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

http://www.rlwc2013....-fully-equipped

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,149 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Looks a useful squad. Looking forward to seeing them play.

#3 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

I think the squad in '08 was slightly better, but still competitive and glad there's some survivors from the last world cup

#4 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for this. I was writing a short story with an Irishman in it, but couldn't think of a name. I think Apirana Pewhairangi will do.

It's time to park the camels.

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,149 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for this. I was writing a short story with an Irishman in it, but couldn't think of a name. I think Apirana Pewhairangi will do.

That's actually Mr O'Pewhairhangi if you don't mind.
  • YCKonstantine and Yorkie44 like this

#6 amh

amh
  • 11,071 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Going to be backing both teams 2 November as I have favs in both squads - and like everyone else, I'm a quarter Irish

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#7 irishfan

irishfan
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Must be from up Leitrim direction.

Seriously though, this was one of the main stories on the RTE sport website earlier today. Good publicity.

Edited by irishfan, 03 October 2013 - 06:14 PM.

#8 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Going to be backing both teams 2 November as I have favs in both squads - and like everyone else, I'm a quarter Irish

At least you won't be disappointed... :)

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#9 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

I think you'll find he's one of the Co Donegal Pewhairangi sept. Some of his relatives have been handy with the caman. :hi:

#10 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Decent squad that on paper again be interesting to see how they go

#11 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:01 AM

I was so hoping that the unfortunately named Wayne Kerr was playing, it was one of the funnier moments of the last world cup listening to the Aussie commentators twang, when pronouncing his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,500 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

thought Bridge and Harrison at Wire may have featured. Neither have made the Knights squad so wont be in the england squad.

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

I was so hoping that the unfortunately named Wayne Kerr was playing, it was one of the funnier moments of the last world cup listening to the Aussie commentators twang, when pronouncing his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto.

#14 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 410 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

thought Bridge and Harrison at Wire may have featured. Neither have made the Knights squad so wont be in the england squad.

Same here, however it may be they still want to fight for their place in England, if that's the case well played.    Less players switching around the better,

#15 Human Punk

Human Punk
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish playing for England.

Forget Rangi, this is the real scandal.

Other than that, not a bad squad, should be no-ones whipping boys.

#16 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish playing for England.

Forget Rangi, this is the real scandal.

Other than that, not a bad squad, should be no-ones whipping boys.

Aye, especially with Larne Patrick having two Irish names!

#17 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just hope they don't get utterly steamrollered in Limerick - I'm hoping for a vaguely entertaining game given the distance I'm travelling :)

#18 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Just hope they don't get utterly steamrollered in Limerick - I'm hoping for a vaguely entertaining game given the distance I'm travelling :)

Get the Aussies to a free party with lots of Guiness and Irish Whiskey on the Friday night. Those who don't get arrested will have a major hangover.

Other than that, the Aussies will declare at half time.

#19 GaryO

GaryO
  • Coach
  • 405 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Get the Aussies to a free party with lots of Guiness and Irish Whiskey on the Friday night. Those who don't get arrested will have a major hangover.

Other than that, the Aussies will declare at half time.

Don't let them go near Temple Bar they will never get drunk - no matter how much money they make, they will not be able to afford more than 3 drinks :drinks:  

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

#20 burnleywelsh

burnleywelsh
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:47 PM

[quote name="Human Punk" post="2802576" timestamp="1380887174"]What I don't understand is how come Larne Patrick turns out to be Welsh instead of Irish? It would be like Cardiff Daffyd being Scottish or Dundee Hamish

So according to your logic just because Larne Patrick sounds irish he should play for Ireland . Therefore he should be joined by Sean O'Loughlin. He doesn't sound English so how can he possibly play for England ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users