Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Australia Trip and big birthday next year

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Now then, next March I reach an important birthday. It contains a 5.

My wife and I are planning a big trip and Australia is on the cards. I must have been a good boy recently as I have permission to include a few games of rugby (she's not that interested but will do her duty and come along to a game or 2) into the trip.

So, the main questions for now are when do the NRL fixtures come out?
What is the best way to buy tickets - from the UK in advance or whilst we are over there?

The trip will commence mid-March for 3 weeks and the plan is to fly into Sydney, stay around Sydney for a week or so. Then fly up north, spend time in Queensland and fly back out of Brisbane, therby hoping to get to Lang Park, dependng on how the fixtures go.

Any suggestions as to things to do/see would be most welcome, includng things that are a bit different, off the beaten track.

Cheers in advance.

#2 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:18 PM

Watch a show at the opera house, climb the harbour bridge, day trip to Katoomba and Jenolan caves, go to a nice Sydney beach, ... These are just some generic activities for a tourist in Sydney.

A visit to a massive leagues club could be interesting for a rugby league fan...but the big ones are usually way out in the western suburbs.

Not sure when the draw is out....buy tickets online from the links at nrl.com or the clubs' websites and choose the email delivery option.

In Brisbane, dolphin cruise, koala park and river cruise deal, bbq and swim at south bank, trip to Australia Zoo etc

Edited by Copa, 03 October 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,381 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Now then, next March I reach an important birthday. It contains a 5.

Happy fifth birthday! :biggrin: 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Cairns,a trip to the Great Barrier Reef.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#5 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Boom!

#6 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Yes, indeed!

Been looking around the net and last year the fixtures were released near the back end of November. Don't think we can wait that long to book the flights out of Manchester.

Thanks for the advice those that I have posted.
A friend has suggested going south as there is great walking and scenery down near Melbourne via th eOcean Road.

Therefore, is it to be north (Cairns, Queensland, etc) or south?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users