Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#1 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

15,000 sold at Huddersfield
1,500 at Bristol,
14,000 at Avignon
5,000 for both matches at Workington

Any more 'official' / wild speculation on ticket sales?

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

50k for wembley

about 45k for cardiff

and over 55-60k for old trafford....

all rough estimates but not far off the mark...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Speaking of Bristol, page adverts going into Metro and the Evening Post this weekend - more stuff in Metro in the next few weeks.

Basically, they're ramping up the marketing as the big day (for us in Bristol, at least) approaches.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#4 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

50k for wembley

about 45k for cardiff

and over 55-60k for old trafford....

all rough estimates but not far off the mark...

I'm Mr Caution when it comes to predicting ticket sales based on blocks sold etc. I've seen all too often a RL crowd prediction come in way under for one reason or another.

I suggest we stick to actual annoucements for now or we're potentially in danger of building ourselves up to a big fall.

#5 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 655 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

15,000 sold at Huddersfield
1,500 at Bristol,
14,000 at Avignon
5,000 for both matches at Workington

Any more 'official' / wild speculation on ticket sales?

More than 15,000 at hudds.

Andy wilson tweeted stating more tickets had been sold than the 15K for Eng NZ last time.  Current estimates are at 20k+

#6 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

I'm Mr Caution when it comes to predicting ticket sales based on blocks sold etc. I've seen all too often a RL crowd prediction come in way under for one reason or another.

I suggest we stick to actual annoucements for now or we're potentially in danger of building ourselves up to a big fall.

But it isn't as much fun! :D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#7 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

I am a half fuller, but take Max Dec's point. That said, I thought the organisers had said some encouraging non specific things about lower tiers pretty much sold out at Wembley and Cardiff, and so the estimates were unlikely to be massively out...

#8 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,360 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

Just got an email from Wembley about half price tickets for the semi final. It seemed to be independent of any other offer, although it might be simply an existing RLWC code. (I didn't read it in full)

#9 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Saw an excellent advert for the Bristol game on the giant outdoor TV in its Millennium Square a couple of weeks back. They've got a wired game but I'd hope for 3 times that attendance on the night otherwise it will be a pretty surreal experience! Overall I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with the attendances and if England beat Aus first up we'll get shed loads more people in the stadia.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm sure that I read some time ago that the Fiji game at Rochdale had sold loads of tickets largely on the back of their Fiji connections. Anyone know if there is actually any truth behind this?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 RS

RS
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

When I bought mine today struggled to get 2 seats together 

#12 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

In terms of sales they don't seem to be doing too badly.  The final is already looking pretty good.  I think people are probably picking their games to start with.

The rush was probably on for the Final as the big game.  Then maybe England and semi finals come in after that.  

The opening game is going to be tough to sell out, but still looking decent so far.

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

#13 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

In terms of sales they don't seem to be doing too badly.  The final is already looking pretty good.  I think people are probably picking their games to start with.

The rush was probably on for the Final as the big game.  Then maybe England and semi finals come in after that.  

The opening game is going to be tough to sell out, but still looking decent so far.

Interesting.  The final was the last game that I booked only getting round to it yesterday.  The games that I wanted to see are some of the less fancied nations where there looks to be some tasty match ups.  Tonga v Italy was high on my list because this looks like it could be the game which decides which one makes the quarter finals.  Fiji and Ireland also looked like a good match up though now looking at the Fiji squad they look too strong for Ireland but could give England a bit of a scare.

#14 Marv Woodburn

Marv Woodburn
  • Coach
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Interesting.  The final was the last game that I booked only getting round to it yesterday.  The games that I wanted to see are some of the less fancied nations where there looks to be some tasty match ups.  Tonga v Italy was high on my list because this looks like it could be the game which decides which one makes the quarter finals.  Fiji and Ireland also looked like a good match up though now looking at the Fiji squad they look too strong for Ireland but could give England a bit of a scare.

Everybody thought Tonga and Samoa would be too strong for Ireland at the last WC. Write the Irish off at your peril.

#15 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:13 AM

I'm sure that I read some time ago that the Fiji game at Rochdale had sold loads of tickets largely on the back of their Fiji connections. Anyone know if there is actually any truth behind this?

Yes, it's true. They've done really well in pushing the game and received a heritage lottery grant for a programme of heritage events, many of which emphasised their connection with Fiji.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#16 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

On 8 August, I posted that 572 terrace tickets had been sold at Bristol. That figure now is 1499. Tickets seem to be going well in the terrace down the side. The "visitors' terrace", in the corner between the side terrace and the seats behind the sticks have seen tickets sold increase from 8 to 9!!

I'm tipping that bit doesn't have the best view in the ground!

#17 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

Bristol do seem to have a tough selling match, but with a good opening ceremony, every game should receive a boost.   

I am hoping that both matches are close affairs and that the crowd stays for both matches.  It would be a shame if we get a massive boost from the first game, only for a percentage of the crowd to disappear a la Magic weekend.

But I think most are positive about the event going well.   

Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

#18 Chris22

Chris22
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

This is based on guesswork, but when you buy tickets for a standing terrace it gives you a seat number. Is this the number of tickets sold for that stand? For example, the 'seat' number for the West Stand at St Helens is around 800, at Hull KR's East Stand it's about 1,700.

#19 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sounds likely. Just got my tickets.

#20 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

This is based on guesswork, but when you buy tickets for a standing terrace it gives you a seat number. Is this the number of tickets sold for that stand? For example, the 'seat' number for the West Stand at St Helens is around 800, at Hull KR's East Stand it's about 1,700.

I think so. That is what I have assumed with my figures for Bristol and seems to tie in with tickets I bought a year ago, very low numbers and those that people have bought since, with the number increasing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users