League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#2001 Intake Don

Intake Don
  • Facebook
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

Over 20,000 sold for England game at Wigan

#2002 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,212 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

Over 20,000 sold for England game at Wigan

A fair number of people holding off on buying tickets 'til they knew which would be the England match. If they've sold 9,000 so far this week, adding a few thousand more before Saturday plus walk-up support shouldn't be a problem.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2003 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Cat 1 tickets no longer available on the Ticketing site for Wembley

#2004 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

On Twitter that both South Stand and Carnegie Tce sold out at Leeds.

#2005 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

Great news regarding tickets sales at Leeds and Wigan if true, be great to see the Samoa vFiji played in front of a full house should be an awesome game that

#2006 Greg C

Greg C
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

http://www.therhinos...hp#.UoOU2XDIZx4

#2007 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Be interesting to see if there is a final surge for tickets for Wembley after the quarter finals. Most of us would have predicted 3 of the same semi-finalists before the tournament kicked-off and I don't think many will be changing their minds now.

Could surely only be non league fans who might wait to have the semi finalists confirmed before they get tickets?

#2008 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

........ even though you can still select and buy tickets in the Carnegie Terrace???

#2009 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just got a couple of tickets for the NZ-Scotland game and could only get some in the West Terrace, I didn't try for every price ones but it seemed full almost everywhere. I bet it rains seeing as I am not undercover.

Shouldn't do, the forecast is 1% chance of rain, five degrees and light winds. Perfect conditions by the look of it. [That 1% might just be over you of course ;-) ]

We are giving up the lovely south stand for once and sitting in the main, as a few friends prefer that. Can't wait, as I keep saying I'm loving every minute.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#2010 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

........ even though you can still select and buy tickets in the Carnegie Terrace???

Well I couldn't!

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2011 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

My grandson works in the City, and he tells me that he and many of his colleagues have been buying tickets for Wembley. Normally they only usually attend union matches, but have been impressed with games on tv. Particularly the match against Fiji, and how England had so brilliantly out played the sizeable Fijians.

#2012 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

My grandson works in the City, and he tells me that he and many of his colleagues have been buying tickets for Wembley. Normally they only usually attend union matches, but have been impressed with games on tv. Particularly the match against Fiji, and how England had so brilliantly out played the sizeable Fijians.

I guess there is that factor too. Maybe people will watch England beat France on Saturday and then fancy seeing more live at Wembley the following week.

#2013 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Well I couldn't!

I must have special powers then cos just bought 2 tickets in Carnegie Terrace!!!

#2014 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I must have special powers then cos just bought 2 tickets in Carnegie Terrace!!!

You also have the power of repeating yourself.

#2015 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

You also have the power of repeating yourself.

I'm just making people aware if they want tickets they can still purchase them as this particular topic has been falsely advertised as Sold Out when it clearly isn't...... yet anyway, no need to be facetious!!!

#2016 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm just making people aware if they want tickets they can still purchase them as this particular topic has been falsely advertised as Sold Out when it clearly isn't...... yet anyway, no need to be facetious!!!

It's quite possible that someone has had tickets 'in their basket' on line and have not followed up the purchase. You may have been very lucky.

Looking towards another great crowd at Headingley.

#2017 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,824 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

The lad I am going with likes it in the CT and I tried several times to get two tickets. .then one. .no joy. I had to settle for the other terrace in the end.
This was on the rlwc site.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2018 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

well had to have try myself.... but couldn't get tickets for the Carnegie Terrace, although I could for the Carnegie Stand which corresponds to the Leeds Rhino website.

#2019 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

i personally dont think we will get 4 sell outs. my predictions hj 13k, leeds 16k, wigan 19k, wrexham 8k. still a good result!

Be very surprised if Wrexham gets 8,000 without Wales there, 927 people who bought tickets didn't turn up at Neath, either because Wales were out or nursing hangovers from the Wales RU game the day before. I hope to be wrong of course :)

I think the FIJI V SAMOA game will be a belter, but I hope for the sake of the tournament the others are not huge one sided affairs.

Got my Final tickets safely in the bank England V Australia for me

Edited by DugSWRLgan, 13 November 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#2020 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

Limited amount of discounted Rugby League World Cup 2013 tickets available

A limited number of discounted top-price level tickets for Wrexham’s Rugby League World Cup 2013 Quarter Final have been made available.

Wrexham Council will be selling the tickets at a £10 discount at Queensway Stadium.

The Glyndwr University Racecourse Stadium will play host to the Quarter Final, which will see the tournament’s surprise package USA take on the might of nine-times World Cup winners Australia on Saturday November 16 (KO 1PM)
Top price tickets for the Quarter Final will be available at £30, instead of the usual price of £40.

Tickets are available of a first come, first served basis in person or by calling Queensway Stadium on 01978 355826.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users