Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#2401 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,656 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

too those selling tickets...if you don't get buyers are you still gonna go?

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#2402 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

I will be. A couple of people dropped out of our group (before Saturday, I hasten to add), so there are still 11 of us going!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#2403 LINNERS

LINNERS
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

I bought 14. Taking a load of newbies for the event regardless of who was involved. 2 decided to drop out but still dragging 11 along with me.

#2404 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

I will be. A couple of people dropped out of our group (before Saturday, I hasten to add), so there are still 11 of us going!

Likewise one of our group has had to pull out at the last minute.

#2405 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

A chance to see the best two teams on this planet to play the most exciting game known to man,played at a wonderful stadium and some people don't want to be there?

The mind boggles.

#2406 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

A chance to see the best two teams on this planet to play the most exciting game known to man,played at a wonderful stadium and some people don't want to be there?

The mind boggles.

Even worse my dropout has chosen to go watch Leeds Utd instead.

#2407 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Even worse my dropout has chosen to go watch Leeds Utd instead.

Wow and Oh dear

#2408 mikepc3

mikepc3
  • Twitter
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:49 PM

I have one for sale because i was going on my own originally, but a mate is coming now so i bought another 2 and my original ticket is for sale. £15, southstand, good seat.

#2409 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

Now been announced as a complete sell out, and will be the biggest international crowd ever!!!

#2410 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:00 PM

It's ridiculous the ammount of people not going tomorrow who have bought tickets, and these are the people who are trying to get rid of their spares let alone the people who are just not turning up without even trying to sell them, why on earth you pay for final tickets incase England got there Silly :(

I heard there was a bus of 35 going from the Bury area of my mate but now only 12 are going all had tickets ridiculous

#2411 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

DugSWRLfan - I think it's harsh to suggest it's ridiculous, as I think it's understandable. I'm going, and hope I'll be up for it this time tomorrow, but the difficulty comes when it's either/or. In 2008 I had a ticket for the final and gave that to a local and caught an earlier flight home. I'd been away 3 1/2 weeks and had left 2 kids under 3 at home. In a way it's both a testimony on the brilliance of the RFL to get them sold in the first place and a reflection on the Kangaroos principally that they have failed sufficiently to capture the imagination of the locals in the same way as Roos of yore.

#2412 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:06 PM

Now been announced as a complete sell out, and will be the biggest international crowd ever!!!

Announced on Radio 5 just now as "the best-attended Rugby League match ever".

Not true, but what the hell.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2413 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

The big question is how many tickets have been sold and how many people will go through the turnstile?.Which figure will be announced?

#2414 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

It's ridiculous the ammount of people not going tomorrow who have bought tickets, and these are the people who are trying to get rid of their spares let alone the people who are just not turning up without even trying to sell them, why on earth you pay for final tickets incase England got there Silly :(

I heard there was a bus of 35 going from the Bury area of my mate but now only 12 are going all had tickets ridiculous

Hopefully some will be sold on outside the ground tomorrow!

#2415 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Sad to read this. Could you imagine fans of any other sport who'd pass up on a World Cup final if their team wasn't there?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2416 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,969 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Sad to read this. Could you imagine fans of any other sport who'd pass up on a World Cup final if their team wasn't there?

To be fair, I knew a couple of guys who didn't go to the final of Euro 96 after England got knocked out by the Jeermans.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2417 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,418 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

The big question is how many tickets have been sold and how many people will go through the turnstile?.Which figure will be announced?

Please explain why that really matters.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2418 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

If it's a sell out it's a sell out regardless of how many are at the match surely

#2419 mikepc3

mikepc3
  • Twitter
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

will sell my spare ticket for £10, it is in the southstand. Would be ashame for it to go to waste. Can give it to you at the ground

#2420 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Please explain why that really matters.

I understand your point, but it could be the difference between it being the highest attended Rugby League International match ever, or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users