Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#21 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Grand final attendees were given a code to buy ticket for WC games giving 50% of all games.

#22 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Not familiar with the Bristol ground but wanted to up my tickets from three to four and was told they would have to be standing. Seating role out

The good news is Derby City's latest total for ticket sales for the final is 87. Just ordered the second coach.

Edited by John Rhino, 06 October 2013 - 09:11 AM.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#23 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Not familiar with the Bristol ground but wanted to up my tickets from three to four and was told they would have to be standing. Seating role out
The good news is Derby City's latest total for ticket sales for the final is 87. Just ordered the second coach.

Seating ticket sales hat Bristol have looked good for a while. Only one of the sections on sale have you been able to buy 4 tickets together for quite a while.

#24 lboroprop

lboroprop
  • Coach
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Grand final attendees were given a code to buy ticket for WC games giving 50% of all games.

Checked the small print in the program, OC only.

#25 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Good in my opinion... this is the most important game in the whole tournament and needs pushing massively. A massive crowd will set the whole tone and encourage people to get involved.

Ref Wembley, looks like the top tier is selling very well... we'll get a massive crowd for the semis...!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#26 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

And it's only for 5 days.

#27 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,172 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

50days still working for 50% off the other games

#28 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Quite a few blocks for the OC seem to have sold out this weekend, which is good news.

The block I'm in at the final sold out on Saturday too

#29 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

the final will sell out, make no mistake.

#30 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well, I have just done my bit. Was never planning on going to Cardiff, too far, too expensive, too close to family holidays etc... After seeing the money that is being spent on things such as the world cup tv advert, I would be a complete hypocrite if I didn't go, so ticket is now bought. Hope more of you will join me and make the opening ceremony a huge success for the rest of the tournament to feed off. 

#31 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

Wish I could make the OC, got some friends in (fairly) nearby Chepstow, so could have made a weekend of it.  Mrs PonteRover has already bought tickets to see Ed Byrne in Bratfut on that day, so I guess I'll have to make do with the telly in the hotel bar.

#32 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Already there seem to be some pretty good achievements set be made:

- Largest crowd for an international fixture for 18 years is going to be achieved (likely Cardiff and/or Wembley - 66,000 to beat). If England make the final, Old Trafford will be "sold out" (officially 75,811) which may mean we beat the 73,631 (1992) world record.

- Largest crowd for a rugby league match in Ireland will be achieved at Thomond Park (3,164 to beat in RoI; 3,207 if you include NI; not sure what the crowds were for the Charity Shield games at Dublin, but I guess they were around a similar mark..?). I think we'll struggle to get close to filling Thomond though.

- Largest crowd for an international rugby league match in Wales will be achieved at the OC (17,612 to beat I think).

Edited by Jonty, 07 October 2013 - 04:17 PM.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#33 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Think the big screen will reduce old Trafford to around 70k at a guess 

#34 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

- Largest crowd for an international fixture for 18 years is going to be achieved (likely Cardiff and/or Wembley - 66,000 to beat). If England make the final, Old Trafford will be "sold out" (officially 75,811) which may mean we beat the 73,631 (1992) world record.

I reckon there may be a World record achieved at Wembley for the semi-finals...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#35 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Have a play with the ticket site, not many of the blocks that have tickets left can you get 2 together at Cardiff.

Edited by Doghead, 07 October 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#36 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Have a play with the ticket site, not many of the blocks that have tickets left can you get 2 together at Cardiff.

Loads in the top tier but generally only the corners in the lower/middle tiers (bar L9 and L30). That said top tier, nearly all the Cat 6 and Cat 7 areas have sold up to the very back row (they were selling a row and then missing the next out) so are now filling in the empty rows as they go.

Guestimate so far is close to 50k.

NB. I'd just like to add, ticket sales in the upper tier have been flying since the middle of last week...

Edited by GeordieSaint, 07 October 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#37 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Loads in the top tier but generally only the corners in the lower/middle tiers (bar L9 and L30). That said top tier, nearly all the Cat 6 and Cat 7 areas have sold up to the very back row (they were selling a row and then missing the next out) so are now filling in the empty rows as they go.

Guestimate so far is close to 50k.

NB. I'd just like to add, ticket sales in the upper tier have been flying since the middle of last week...

That is great news, any idea on the capacity? Have seen that RLWC Calderdale have just sold 190 tickets for the match at Halifax to Greetland Academy for the Tonga v Italy match.

Any bets on the first sell out. I'm going to go for Cardiff as I think that the more that are sold the bigger the occasion becomes. A sell out would be huge for the opening game. If 0.01% of the viewers for the England footie match on Friday book a ticket then that is another 1,500 sold.

Edited by thehullram, 08 October 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#38 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

That is great news, any idea on the capacity? Have seen that RLWC Calderdale have just sold 190 tickets for the match at Halifax to Greetland Academy for the Tonga v Italy match.

Any bets on the first sell out. I'm going to go for Cardiff as I think that the more that are sold the bigger the occasion becomes. A sell out would be huge for the opening game. If 0.01% of the viewers for the England footie match on Friday book a ticket then that is another 1,500 sold.

Someone should set up a poll - I reckon Huddersfield will be the first sell out

Puts Hull to shame, especially since Hull's game will probably be more competitive.

#39 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

Cardiff won't sell out in my opinion; they've got to shift 25k seats in less than 3wks...

My bet is Huddersfield or Avignon. Neath won't be far behind...

#40 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

This is a very positive tread. Very un-rugby league like!

Only International RL will spread our game to new fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users