League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#421 saintspete83

saintspete83
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

heres a link that shows a section of the millenium with 45k in http://en.wikipedia....iff_GP_2008.JPG

• Doghead likes this

#422 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

are there any promo codes for the opening games.

Try 'dance'.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#423 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

heres a link that shows a section of the millenium with 45k in http://en.wikipedia....iff_GP_2008.JPG

Good picture; difference with the Opener will be the bottom tier will be full, behind the posts will be full (incl top tier) whilst there will be nobody in the top tier along the side line (Upper West Stand).

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#424 saintspete83

saintspete83
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

this link shows 57,565 at a wales v barbarians in 2012 and looks really good i think so if we hit 50k it will look fine on tv 

• koli likes this

#425 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Why oh why didn't we have the opening ceremony at a large venue in England with a guaranteed sellout and hence a great start to the tournament. Honestly can anyone tell me please?

#426 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,544 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Why oh why didn't we have the opening ceremony at a large venue in England with a guaranteed sellout and hence a great start to the tournament. Honestly can anyone tell me please?

Where do you recommend?

This opening ceremony is expected to have a larger crowd than the last three, at Wembley, Twickenham and Sydney Football Stadium. That sounds ok to me.

Nowhere in England guarantees a sellout when it comes to RL, we don't get sellouts when we play at places like Hudds, Wigan and Hull in Four Nations games in many instances.

#427 Rob

Rob
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Who is going to guarantee a sellout and where? Honestly can anyone tell me please?

#428 kamtorus

kamtorus
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:59 AM

I am taking my 7yr old and 5yr old to to Wembley for the semis. Their first taste of Rugby League.

I also also mentioned it to my colleague at work in London and he rounded up a group of 9 friends in 24 hrs none of whom have been to a Rugby League game...

Am sure it it will be a great day out!
  • Kenny Bania likes this

#429 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Because the milleniumn stadium has a roof.

#430 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

Those people who didn't go to the last home England games in the North have no right to complain. And anyone who just plucks stadiums out of thin air are in cloud cuckoo land. Arsenal have never offered the Emirates for this tournament nor did Man City. For all we know, Cardiff was the only big stadium available. Maybe it was much cheaper to hire which is needed since the rfl had to sell many tournament tickets for just 5 quid. Until fans turn out and support these games we have to put up with games being where we can afford to host them

#431 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

50k for Cardiff would be great. However let's not forget that it could be as low as 25k for each game. Our even 40k for one and much less for the other. Look at how many fans only bother with one game as magic weekends

#432 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,164 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

50k for Cardiff would be great. However let's not forget that it could be as low as 25k for each game. Our even 40k for one and much less for the other. Look at how many fans only bother with one game as magic weekends

That's true but I reckon that if everyone is in their seat at the OC, there will be less tendency to wander around. It should be much more of a 'formal' scenario compared with MW, where it is much more casual. Plus Wales are on second so hopefully most will stay for that too.

I am no fan of SCD at all but if it gets more punters enjoying it then great. I can't actually remember liking any act I have ever seen at a big game but I can live with it if others are encouraged to attend because of it.

#433 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

Crowd figures are looking good and we need to remember that this is about more than full stadia. The Welsh Govt put in a big chunk of money to co-host the tournament and they quite rightly wanted a big game at the Millennium Stadium. I'd much rather we took the big sums on offer from the Welsh Govt and have the opening ceremony and a great double header under the roof in Cardiff in front of 40k plus people than to say, sod the money, we'll have it at a much smaller stadium in the north, to suit a bunch of people who have no intention of going to the game anyway.

As a league fan, in the north, I prefer, to watch England at places like Wembley and the Millennium Stadium, rather than be restricted to venues I visit regularly dusting the normal season.

This tournament should be a great experience, should present a very good image of the game and should make a nice little profit. Sounds good to me.
  • Gav Wilson, dkw, JohnM and 3 others like this

#434 philipw

philipw
  • Coach
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:14 AM

Crowd figures are looking good and we need to remember that this is about more than full stadia. The Welsh Govt put in a big chunk of money to co-host the tournament and they quite rightly wanted a big game at the Millennium Stadium. I'd much rather we took the big sums on offer from the Welsh Govt and have the opening ceremony and a great double header under the roof in Cardiff in front of 40k plus people than to say, sod the money, we'll have it at a much smaller stadium in the north, to suit a bunch of people who have no intention of going to the game anyway.
As a league fan, in the north, I prefer, to watch England at places like Wembley and the Millennium Stadium, rather than be restricted to venues I visit regularly dusting the normal season.
This tournament should be a great experience, should present a very good image of the game and should make a nice little profit. Sounds good to me.

+1

Genuinely couldn't have put it more eloquently

#435 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Well said.

#436 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Well that summed up exactly what I was wanting to write perfectly. Well bloody said.

#437 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Who is going to guarantee a sellout and where? Honestly can anyone tell me please?

Leigh Sports Village.

#438 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

I have 3 tickets in section L22 for opener at face value (£30) if anybody is interested.

Please PM me.

Thanks
Posted Image

#439 indomitable

indomitable
  • Coach
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

According to my calendar we have over a week prior to the opening, surely we are going to sell more tickets? In Wales main publicity is about to start which surely should mean encouragement to go. Already more tickets sold for the game than any other previous RL international, and I note that according to the sellers 70% purchasers are new to rugby league, which is a very strong positive

#440 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

Where do you recommend?

This opening ceremony is expected to have a larger crowd than the last three, at Wembley, Twickenham and Sydney Football Stadium. That sounds ok to me.

Nowhere in England guarantees a sellout when it comes to RL, we don't get sellouts when we play at places like Hudds, Wigan and Hull in Four Nations games in many instances.

South Wales Sharks makes a good point regarding "The Welsh Govt put in a big chunk of money to co-host the tournament and they quite rightly wanted a big game at the Millennium Stadium". However, it would be interesting to know the exact sum and full thought process surrounding the decision. In my oppinion I think any large northern stadium would've sold out - I see Man Utd are playing at Old Trafford so my pick would be the City of Manchester stadium. This has a capacity of 60,000 and it would've sold out. It would've been a fantastic atmosphere and looked great on TV. Unfortunately it's all about perceptions and people tuning into the opening ceremony and seeing large empty tiers will look awful. Many people's perceptions of Rugby League is that it's not as popular as Union and therefore can't be as good, unfortunately the gaps will help confirm their wayward views.

This is the World Cup not the Four Nations and you can't compare the two, a world cup has a far bigger appeal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users