RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#41 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

This is a very positive tread. Very un-rugby league like!

Only International RL will spread our game to new fans.

Completely agree. I have just found a work colleague has bought tickets for Cardiff without me having mentioned it to them! He's never been to a league game before in his life but wanted to be involved in the World Cup...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#42 High Peak Rhino

High Peak Rhino
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

All good news this.

Just had an email confirming the last of my original tickets purchase had been despatched.

Celebrated by buying 3 tickets for NZ v PNG at Headingley.

• GeordieSaint and MamaKangaroo like this

#43 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

All good news this.

Just had an email confirming the last of my original tickets purchase had been despatched.

Celebrated by buying 3 tickets for NZ v PNG at Headingley.

Good, I was getting worried my family would be the only one's there.... so that's 6 + your 3.... 

Edited by redjonn, 08 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#44 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

Completely agree. I have just found a work colleague has bought tickets for Cardiff without me having mentioned it to them! He's never been to a league game before in his life but wanted to be involved in the World Cup...

Good to hear it.

But still some empty vessels bang on about how the international scene is just a waste of time and money.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#45 DugSWRLgan

DugSWRLgan
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Neath will be very close to sell out by week of fixture in my opinion.

6 of us coming from South Wales for Final and Wembley.

See you all at the opener in the many Cardiff City Bars no doubt, Bring it on!!

#46 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,151 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Good, I was getting worried my family would be the only one's there.... so that's 6 + your 3.... 

Plus my two.

#47 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

I tell you what - the NZ Samoa game at Warrington deserves to sell a lot of tickets. What a match! What was the classic game at Wilderspool in 95 - wasn't that Kiwis against a South Pacific team?

#48 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,503 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I tell you what - the NZ Samoa game at Warrington deserves to sell a lot of tickets. What a match! What was the classic game at Wilderspool in 95 - wasn't that Kiwis against a South Pacific team?

NZ v Tonga - unbelievable - it was that game which lives in my memory more than some of the brilliant Ashes tests ive seen.

#49 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,567 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

NZ v Tonga - unbelievable - it was that game which lives in my memory more than some of the brilliant Ashes tests ive seen.

One of the international matches I most regret never seeing.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#50 CNH 320

CNH 320
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Plus my two.

I've got 9 tickets for NZ vs PNG. Two old timers (me and my Dad) plus 7 newcomers from the rest of the family. That's at least 20 who'll be there!

#51 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Ill be at Headingley for the NZ v PNG game so thats 21! I shouldnt be on my own but as yet my mates havent got round to buying their tickets yet. But if im on my own then so be it!

Also got a ticket for the Headingley quarter final which hopefully should be New Zealand v Tonga! What a belter! 

Edit - Pretty much talked myself into going to Cardiff now too, may buy my skint brother (student) his ticket so he comes with me. It can be an early Christmas present! i know he'll want to go so at least ill have company!!

Edited by Southstander13, 08 October 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#52 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Ill be at Headingley for the NZ v PNG game so thats 21! I shouldnt be on my own but as yet my mates havent got round to buying their tickets yet. But if im on my own then so be it!

Also got a ticket for the Headingley quarter final which hopefully should be New Zealand v Tonga! What a belter! 

Edit - Pretty much talked myself into going to Cardiff now too, may buy my skint brother (student) his ticket so he comes with me. It can be an early Christmas present! i know he'll want to go so at least ill have company!!

If your on yer own... I'm sure we can share a pie with yer.... or is it the burgers yer go for..... but whose goin bang the drum

#53 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Plus 2 more.

#54 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Good to hear it.

But still some empty vessels bang on about how the international scene is just a waste of time and money.

Out of the 168 I have sold for Cardiff and Wembley, only about 10 are those are RL fans who turn up to games... it just highlights the appeal internationals have compared to the club game; much easier to affliate to.

• flyingking likes this

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#55 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Out of the 168 I have sold for Cardiff and Wembley, only about 10 are those are RL fans who turn up to games... it just highlights the appeal internationals have compared to the club game; much easier to affliate to.

Gosh that's excellent... are you organizing the charabanc too as well as the sing song along the way...

#56 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

You've done a bloody good job there GS.  The RFL should employ you!

• Pie tries likes this

#57 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Been told that tonga v Italy at shay is selling really well and will surprise a lot of people
  • BBR likes this

#58 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

I was well impressed that all my tickets were through my letterbox just a week after ordering them!

However, I am now struggling to make it to the opening ceremony.  A couple of pubs in Sintellins who routinely organise away coaches offered up a day return coach to Cardiff and I jumped at it, in the absence of anything organised by Saints or a car that would actually make the journey in one piece.  Alas, I was the only person in Sintellins wanting to do a day return journey so the coaches have been cancelled.  I am now stuck because aside from a very expensive overnight stay I can't think of how to get there, and I feel so disappointed.

#59 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Been told that tonga v Italy at shay is selling really well and will surprise a lot of people

Going to that one too.

#60 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Since they opened the Upper Tier in the Direct Golf stand at Huddersfield for England v Ireland tickets seem to be going well.
In section RU6 I bought 3 tickets on Row AA - now if you want 2 tickets its Row VV
Section RU3 is even fuller 2 tickets together can't be accomodated.
  • GeordieSaint likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users