League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#1401 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

5000 at Bristol would be a terrific achievement. Many games in 2000 didn't get that - it's a blinking good effort.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1402 faithfulbyname

faithfulbyname
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Be great if that article is correct and over 5,000 has already been sold for the Bristol game, that said as long as the main areas within the TV arc look well populated, and there is a reasonable atmosphere at the ground for the attendees, the exact number isn't really an issue.

Honestly that has possibly being such a big player in the perception of this tournament over 2008 and 2000. Whilst a lot of games have been played at small venues, the fact they look packed provides a good atmosphere at the ground and a great impression on TV. The players are also responding well to the atmosphere being generated at the grounds, playing some very entertaining football for what is only the opening week of the tournament.

Outside of us diehards, most people don't know the capacity of venues like Craven Park and Workington, so as far as their concerned what is only 7K to the viewer might be seen as 17K.

I just hope the success we've had so far continues throughout all the group matches and the quarter finals. I think the Semi's and Final will look after themselves now, but it's important we don't have a mid-tournament lull and undo all the good work we have done to start the event.

Trouble is that hardly anyone other than a few diehards are watching on TV....thats the difference from 2000

#1403 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Those whom like doing these stats why not just give us both or more figures and we'll judge which one's we personally like to hang our hat on...

Whether it be based around games and using the practice of other sports or based on game events as personally I think makes more sense to my numskulls in me head.

500,000 divided by 26 =19,231

#1404 EddieCharger

EddieCharger
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Last time I'm gunna do a post about this-

500,000 divided by 26= 19,230
500,000 divided by 28= 17,857
19,230 plus 17,857= 37,087
37,087 divided by 2= 18,544
Target for average= 18,544

#1405 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

Outside of us diehards, most people don't know the capacity of venues like Craven Park and Workington, so as far as their concerned what is only 7K to the viewer might be seen as 17K.

This is key for me, Stats are open to interpretation, so just put mega positive spin on everything you can & totally ignore any negatives (like the politicians do ;)

Good PR builds momentum, good RL will bring them back, During the games as worky & dale the commentators said a few times the these games had the biggest crowds for years and virtually a sell out etc the casual telly watching viewer takes all this in & enjoys the product and atmosphere then reads the info page that appears on the screen several times and picks up the phone or lap top and orders tickets to the few games nearest to them to see in real life what all the fuss is about.

#1406 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

You may also notice on there, the subcategories under "Sports" are "St Albans City", "Football", "Centurions", "Rugby Union", "Cricket", "F1"

Third billing, not too shabby!

Yes Brooza, I noticed that :)  

#1407 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Last time I'm gunna do a post about this-

500,000 divided by 26= 19,230
500,000 divided by 28= 17,857
19,230 plus 17,857= 37,087
37,087 divided by 2= 18,544
Target for average= 18,544

Eddie, I rounded it up to 19,231 (positive spin ;) as it comes out to 19.2307692 always round it up not down, lolz

#1408 EddieCharger

EddieCharger
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Eddie, I rounded it up to 19,231 (positive spin ;) as it comes out to 19.2307692 always round it up not down, lolz

Aha I noticed that after I posted it ;)

#1409 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Trouble is that hardly anyone other than a few diehards are watching on TV....thats the difference from 2000

there is the conundrum,  as one could consider the fact few games are on mainstream TV that more are going to the games at the grounds.  I'm sure some of the people attending games may not have if on TV channels they would normally view.  If the fan experience is good at the grounds maybe some of them will come again especially if a lot of those fans are fans that use to come but stopped for whatever reason, i.e. latent fans that could be attracted back to live games.

I guess the goals of the organizers are to maximize the profits first and other objectives can follow. Would those secondary objectives be to have maximum exposure, or maximum eye balls whether that was through TV or attending, or maximize attendance so as to create a good experience for those that attend.

It would seem the balance is right:  Mainstream TV for the games that would attract biggest interest, i.e. England, Opening, Semi's and Final (benefit of good gates and wider exposure).   Premier Sport for the rest, all-be-it Sky may have been best but didn't show interest or bid enough to meet objective one (profit). Using social media to supplement any other media coverage such as newspapers, especially local newspapers and other local communications channels.

If one of the objectives is exposure with a view to attracting more fans to the sport going forward, should you target the ex RL fans that stopped attending or the completely new fan.  The former is the easier if you create good experiences at the ground assuming you get them to the ground rather than watching on TV..... I don't know what the primary goals are or where but just a few thoughts in the conundrum of whats the best approach.  Yep being somewhat self-centred in only thinking about this country and not wider international audience.

Anyway I would hope the ticket data-base is shared to all the clubs or a collective club  promotion campaign follows aimed at selling season tickets or packages for next season that can be used at various clubs, i.e. a bundle of tickets for choice of clubs in the area the data-base shows yo, anyway can come up with many possible approaches the key is that a promotion campaign follows.

Edited by redjonn, 30 October 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#1410 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Be great if that article is correct and over 5,000 has already been sold for the Bristol game, that said as long as the main areas within the TV arc look well populated, and there is a reasonable atmosphere at the ground for the attendees, the exact number isn't really an issue.

They've been selling the tickets at the opposite side from the TV cameras, and the ends, first, and will open the other side if there's demand. As it is, it should look pretty jack-packed in the areas that are open, so good on TV.

Lots of build up on BBC Radio Bristol this afternoon - interviews with Kevin Iro and Terry Matterson, reporter live at the ground etc etc. They're treating it as a really big thing for Bristol, which can only be a good thing. Fingers crossed BBC Points West (our equivalent of Look North) will be crossing to a reporter live at the ground (speaking to Sonics' own Phil Cole) sometime after 6.30, too. Exciting times!
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#1411 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 974 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

Ok good news folks regarding the Final - you cannot buy a pair of seats together via the website! Wooop Wooop!

Manchester United do still have some pairs together in three blocks via their page.

#1412 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,757 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Ok good news folks regarding the Final - you cannot buy a pair of seats together via the website! Wooop Wooop!

Manchester United do still have some pairs together in three blocks via their page.

I heard that last night when I picked 57 Wembley tickets from St Albans; the final has practically been sold out and Wembley is above 55k...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1413 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,432 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

My tickets have just turned up for the Quarter Finals - hadn't previously planned on going to these, but after last weekend we decided we couldn't miss it.

#1414 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

It was really great to get some good pre-tournament ticket sales, and now we're underway, there seems to be abig momentum of the usual set of fans wanting to jump on the bandwagon, which is great. There was a real feel in Workington last night, that this was a big deal. I'd expect a bit more interest in tickets for Sunday now as a result of yesterday's game, and hopefully today's good press in the town.

#1415 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,193 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

It was really great to get some good pre-tournament ticket sales, and now we're underway, there seems to be abig momentum of the usual set of fans wanting to jump on the bandwagon, which is great. There was a real feel in Workington last night, that this was a big deal. I'd expect a bit more interest in tickets for Sunday now as a result of yesterday's game, and hopefully today's good press in the town.

If anyone attended last night's game as a one-off, they're probably online right now, trying to buy more tickets!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1416 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

It is a little odd to have the final at OT but the semis at Wembley. Did the RFL write off England's chances of getting to the final?

#1417 UxbridgeBunny

UxbridgeBunny
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

It is a little odd to have the final at OT but the semis at Wembley. Did the RFL write off England's chances of getting to the final?

#1418 UxbridgeBunny

UxbridgeBunny
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Why do you say that? I'd have thought it always made more sense to play the final at Old Trafford. It's a much tighter ground than Wembley with fans closer to the pitch. It will make for a more intimidating atmosphere should England be in it and we'll possibly have a slightly better chance of winning there

#1419 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Leigh Sports Village @LSV08 18m

Wow. North Stand @LSV08 now sold out for @TongaRL2013 game on Tue. @rlwc2013 tickets are flying out - don't miss out! http://www.rlwc2013.com/leigh

It's time to park the camels.

#1420 foozler

foozler
  • Coach
  • 958 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think for this Old Trafford is perfect time round. There is a long history of RL and Man Utd/ Old Trafford and the ground would have had to feature at some point in the competition. If the requirement for the Opening Ceremony was that a roof was needed to keep the rain off then only the Millenium worked.

I suspect that when they were planning the venues, the organisers were unsure whether they could sell out two semi finals in grounds of say 30k+ each semi. So it makes sense to have a double header. Starting from that point, as well disposed as Man Utd are towards RL, I am not sure in all fairness that they could have said yes to having back to back RL matches played on the turf. Wembley on the other hand appear less fussy about the hammering the pitch takes. 

What this comp shows quite clearly is that there is a strong demand to see international RL, a demand that will get stronger should England reach the final and put up a good show. Certainly going forward, I would like to think that the RFL are more adventurous in the choice of venues for the 4 Nations. Surely the days of Elland Road as a venue for the 4 Nations final are over and it would be great if the RFL took that final to Wembley next time round. 

As for the World Cup, well it would be nice to think that whenever the World Cup eventually comes back to England that the final will take place at a sold out Wembley. 

Edited by foozler, 30 October 2013 - 03:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users