TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

RLWC ticket sales (merged, including selling tix for final)

South Stand. Great seats!

• Please log in to reply
2437 replies to this topic

#1601 ShotgunGold

ShotgunGold
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Anyway does anyone have any good figures for matches in the next few day??

Wrexham

Workington

Hull

Leigh

Surely Hull (10k) and Leigh (11k) must be close to sell-outs?

Edit: Also I should be buying my Quarter Final tickets tomorrow!

Edited by ShotgunGold, 02 November 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#1602 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

So for all the criticism of Saints, they actually managed more than Warrington on a horrendous night.

The point is, they didn't manage to do anything.  The fans turned up in spite of what Saints didn't do, as Saints took it for granted that they would.  There will be a lot of people in St Helens totally unaware of the match tonight and they were the people that a proper promotion push might have captured.  Saints let down the wider game.

#1603 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

No point us getting too worked up about St Helens.  Could they have done a better job? Of course, but on the flip side they still drew a solid crowd and it was still 8K+ bigger than the last World Cup match hosted by St Helens.

At the end of this tournament, the RFL should ensure it meets with all the host cities, find out what worked and what didn't, and then for future events they ever put out to tender, put minimum standards. This tournament, rightly or wrongly, Sally Bolton and crew, left the local bodies to co-ordinate their own promotion, whilst her team looked after the overall event promotion.  Naturally some areas like Bristol, Rochdale, Workington and Huddersfield all did amazing jobs.  We've then had plenty of solid performers, who whilst they could have done more, still did a good job, and then of course there is the Cardiff's and St Helens, where we would have liked to have seen more.

At least for this tournament, the 'lesser' performances haven't been hurting us, the crowds still turned up, the matches still looked great on TV, and there was still a solid atmosphere. 

Let's keen the positive talk up and let's get people focusing on turning up to the remaining games.

Wrexham, we know over 6,500 has been sold, could we be pushing the 10K mark? Has the second level of the Eric Roberts Stand been opened up yet?

For Workington, you can only buy into the Town End at this Stage (and only limited tickets there), everything else seems to be at capacity. 

At Leigh, Cat 1's are selling into East D, for KC Stadium, everything is on sale now which is great.

Posted Image

#1604 Heritage XIII

Heritage XIII
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

The point is, they didn't manage to do anything.  The fans turned up in spite of what Saints didn't do, as Saints took it for granted that they would.  There will be a lot of people in St Helens totally unaware of the match tonight and they were the people that a proper promotion push might have captured.  Saints let down the wider game.

If that's the case, then what a wasted opportunity. Looking at the different sponsors on board and through ground advertising, what an opportunity to showcase the club and the stadium to potential new sponsors? No wonder Warrington get the likes of Emirates.

#1605 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

As far as i'm concerned it been another excellent day for northern hemisphere rugbyleague

#1606 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Yet the crowd announced was smaller than the full capacity of the Wire game.

I wasn't criticising Wire btw, just pointing out that it was higher than a figure that everybody was pretty much astonished by last week.

it was 14.9k at Warrington. It would appear the P.A got it wrong and this is then repeated in many places.

Irrespective it was a very good crowd tonight in bad conditions.

What I would say is that games like the one at Warrington and Workington probably did more for tge promotion of tonights game than St Helens themselves by the sounds of it.

We now could do with 3 or 4 close games to give rd3 a boost.

Edited by Dave T, 02 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#1607 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

At the ground last week it was announced as 14,965 - backed up by many different reports this week.

it was 14.9k at Warrington.

Thought so hence the sold out signs!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#1608 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

They might not have done as much as some other clubs but they still ended up with a pretty good crowd. It's not saying they shouldn't have done more but things didn't turn out too badly did they? I suspect they've done as much as many clubs have done but obviously not as much as your Workingtons, Bristols and Rochdales who have excelled themselves.

#1609 Teessidewire

Teessidewire
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:13 AM

So for all the criticism of Saints, they actually managed more than Warrington on a horrendous night.

Sorry to disappoint you, but you are wrong. The crowd at Warrington was actually 14,955, not 13,955 as reported in some newspapers. Another 600 seats were reserved for the pre-match dancers, so the game was in fact a sell-out. 

#1610 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

If that's the case, then what a wasted opportunity. Looking at the different sponsors on board and through ground advertising, what an opportunity to showcase the club and the stadium to potential new sponsors? No wonder Warrington get the likes of Emirates.

You make a good point with respect to the wider interests. Irrespective of the comparison with Warrington it must irk potential sponsors and commercial avenues to the game if every club isn't stretching every sinew to make it as big an occasion as possible.  Some parts of our sport can be very insular and rather bemoan others like the media for there lack of interest overall yet hardly break a sweat sometimes outside of there normal club interests.

#1611 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just over 8k at Wales good effort

#1612 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Just over 8k at Wales good effort

That's a cracking crowd against USA

#1613 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Officially announced that 10000 have been sold for Leigh on Tuesday and that a sell out is expected

Edited by sweaty craiq, 03 November 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#1614 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

Officially announced that 10000 have been sold for Leigh on Tuesday and that a sell out is expected

Great stuff games like this I would of expected maybe 5 thousand or so but for this to potentially sell out aswell as good crowds at Workington ect it's been a great start to the comp

#1615 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

9300 sell out in Cumbria. Happy days!

#1616 Pricey

Pricey
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think I'm the sort of newbie who has been drawn in by this World Cup. Living in Staffordshire, neither Union nor League is particularly strong round here but as someone who watches non-league football every week, I love my live sport and a mate dragged me to a couple of Dewsbury Rams games over the last couple of years. I don't profess to be a League expert (had to have a good shufty through the rules after attending my first game) but with the World Cup being here, I looked for fixtures that I could attend around work and ended up driving down the M6/M5 to watch USA v Cook Islands at Bristol having bought a couple of £10 tickets. What a superb game it was. I'm aware neither of these sides will be lifting the trophy but with about nine minutes left it was 20-20 and fantastic entertainment as a neutral.

This meant I'd got the bug a bit so when I got home, I logged back on and with plenty of my family living in South Wales, I phoned round and I've got a carful together to head down to Neath next Sunday for Wales v Cook Islands (again £10 tickets booked). None of us are League afficianados but all have an interest and watch SL games/Challenge Cup finals etc on TV. I, for one, intend to get to more games next year, whether that be at Championship or SL level. I got the feeling at Bristol that a lot of us were not League regulars but hopefully plenty more will have been hooked as well.

#1617 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

I think I'm the sort of newbie who has been drawn in by this World Cup. Living in Staffordshire, neither Union nor League is particularly strong round here but as someone who watches non-league football every week, I love my live sport and a mate dragged me to a couple of Dewsbury Rams games over the last couple of years. I don't profess to be a League expert (had to have a good shufty through the rules after attending my first game) but with the World Cup being here, I looked for fixtures that I could attend around work and ended up driving down the M6/M5 to watch USA v Cook Islands at Bristol having bought a couple of £10 tickets. What a superb game it was. I'm aware neither of these sides will be lifting the trophy but with about nine minutes left it was 20-20 and fantastic entertainment as a neutral.

This meant I'd got the bug a bit so when I got home, I logged back on and with plenty of my family living in South Wales, I phoned round and I've got a carful together to head down to Neath next Sunday for Wales v Cook Islands (again £10 tickets booked). None of us are League afficianados but all have an interest and watch SL games/Challenge Cup finals etc on TV. I, for one, intend to get to more games next year, whether that be at Championship or SL level. I got the feeling at Bristol that a lot of us were not League regulars but hopefully plenty more will have been hooked as well.

Love this post!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#1618 Gerri Monside

Gerri Monside
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

This.  This is what the World Cup is all about.  One of the best posts I've read on here. 

It's an easy kick for the lad but, as we say in Rugby League, there's no easy kicks.

@IanLancaster65

#1619 TheBinman

TheBinman
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

7.2k at Workington tonight

#1620 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Any promo codes still working, I've already bought my tickets for New Zealand game @ Headingley on friday but some mates want them now (non rugby fans) but want to pay half price only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users