50Days

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:54 AM

For those still buying tickets or speaking to people who might be interested in buying tickets mentioning the promotional code 50Days might help get people over the line.

For all the group games that have a standing area tickets can be purchased for £5 using the code.

The code still works today but I've no idea how long it will remain active or if further codes will be released.

I know people have mentioned on other threads that they met with resistance and sometimes derision from fellow supporters when trying to encourage them to come to games.  This can be frustrating.  A friend I'm going with to the game at Salford with expressed his lack of interest but I managed to persuade him that it was worth giving it a go.  He's often bemoaned the fact that rugby league is a sport that gets neglected by the media.  I took the opportunity to work this into the conversation with him and said that if people like us were not prepared to support the game why should we expect those with out our interest to be bothered.  He considered this and is now coming to the game at Salford and looking at possibly taking in one or two more.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

For those still buying tickets or speaking to people who might be interested in buying tickets mentioning the promotional code 50Days might help get people over the line.

For all the group games that have a standing area tickets can be purchased for £5 using the code.

The code still works today but I've no idea how long it will remain active or if further codes will be released.

I was just forwarded an email from Wembley Stadium that was quoting the code.

Incidentally, not all standing tickets go to £5, but this code makes all tickets ½ price

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Nice one! I have to say I have been 50/50 as to whether to attend a live game due to financial issues, this code might just make the difference. 

#4 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I was just forwarded an email from Wembley Stadium that was quoting the code.

Incidentally, not all standing tickets go to £5, but this code makes all tickets ½ price

Yes I should have mentioned its all tickets.  Was very tempted by the £99 ones for the final but decided to use my budget to take in QF2 and QF3 instead.

I've tended to focus on the £5 angle for those who are coming across friends or fellow supporters who think the world cup is a farce/waste of time.  I'm sure many of us have come across this attitude and amongst those saying such things will be those who in the next breath say that RL doesn't get the coverage and respect in the media it deserves.  As I say to those who say this, empty stadiums merely do our detractors and opponents work for them.

The big 3 look like being well attended but some of the other games may not be.  Pushing the promotional code will hopefully fill up some of the grounds with standing areas.

As I've a day of work I thought I'd take some time to push this code to people I know.

#5 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Nice one! I have to say I have been 50/50 as to whether to attend a live game due to financial issues, this code might just make the difference. 

Tell anyone you know.  I know money's tight.  I've been building my war chest since for a while.  I could have gone fewer games and better tickets but I wanted to provide one more on the attendance for as many games as I can afford from a financial and a time perspective.

#6 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Although I've just used the 50 days code for Huddersfield, I think the doscount codes should not be blanket discounts for games that are selling well e.g Huddersfield.

The use of this code should be more strategic and the RLWC look at games that may need a short-term boost (Bristol springs to mind if they are only at 1.5k, barring the push that is about to happen) or even sections of grounds that need some capacity filling up.

The St Helens game seems to be more expensive than others, so the 50% off could be used there.
Whilst 50% off is high and can make the sport look cheap, it will get the imagination of those who are wavering because budgets are tight or just to persuade non RL fans.
I'd also go with some 25% or 33% off codes for certain games - especially to fill up areas opposite the cameras.

#7 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

The St Helens game seems to be more expensive than others, so the 50% off could be used there.

Probably not the best option considering since I left home in 1999, St Helens as a location seems to have become tighter than any area in Yorkshire or Scotland! ;) For what it is worth, I would have done a blanket £10 (standing), £15-20 (seating) on all group games bar Cardiff, which should have had the same ticket pricing as Wembley... but oh well, we are where we are! 22 days left... :D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#8 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Although I've just used the 50 days code for Huddersfield, I think the doscount codes should not be blanket discounts for games that are selling well e.g Huddersfield.

The use of this code should be more strategic and the RLWC look at games that may need a short-term boost (Bristol springs to mind if they are only at 1.5k, barring the push that is about to happen) or even sections of grounds that need some capacity filling up.

Whilst 50% off is high and can make the sport look cheap, it will get the imagination of those who are wavering because budgets are tight or just to persuade non RL fans.
I'd also go with some 25% or 33% off codes for certain games - especially to fill up areas opposite the cameras.

Both ends of the St Helens ground could be filled for £5 per head if the promotion code is used.  

#9 hoff

hoff
  • Coach
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

All I need now is a cheap london hotel..........do they still let you kip at Victoria coach station?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users