Steve Prescott Man of steel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 apiarist

apiarist
  • Coach
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

The Rugby community are trying to get The man of steel award renamed --Steve Prescott  Man of steel  it will only take a few minutes of your time please sign the petition that's going to go to the RFL          MANY THANKShttp://m.facebook.co...h=1AQHfDSAz&s=1

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Yet another flamin' Australasianism - 'man-of-steel' indeed - since when did the Union flag contain green and gold or black and white?

Edited by Blue Monkey, 04 October 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

The Rugby community are trying to get The man of steel award renamed --Steve Prescott Man of steel it will only take a few minutes of your time please sign the petition that's going to go to the RFL MANY THANKShttp://m.facebook.co...h=1AQHfDSAz&s=1

Great idea
Petition signed

#4 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yet another flamin' Australasianism - 'man-of-steel' indeed - since when did the Union flag contain green and gold or black and white?

Keith,

Pray tell me from  where you've got the Antipodean connection with the Man-of Steel?

When the award was originated, it was sponsored by Trumann's Steel, hence the name, and they came all the way from..............................

Walkden!

Spelly.

PS - Petition signed. Best idea I've heard for ages!

Edited by Spelly, 05 October 2013 - 09:23 PM.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,750 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Keith,

Pray tell me from  where you've got the Antipodean connection with the Man-of Steel?

When the award was originated, it was sponsored by Trumann's Steel, hence the name, and they came all the way from..............................

Walkden!

Spelly.

PS - Petition signed. Best idea I've heard for ages!

So what? it's just the type of thing that would emanate from DU

#6 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:09 AM

So what? it's just the type of thing that would emanate from DU

A rather lame answer for you Keith. Was it a 'big ask'!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users