Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup media coverage

• Please log in to reply
1640 replies to this topic

#661 willy

willy
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

I think McNamara has eventually shown he has a backbone. Stormed out of a press conference, sounds more like he decided he didn't want to be negative, stuck to the positives, smiled and said his bus was leaving and left.

If that sort of resolve is in the England camp and everyone one including the Burgess boys are all fired up then god help the Aussies in the first 20 minutes. I hope Sinny can keep up!!!

#662 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

If that sort of resolve is in the England camp and everyone one including the Burgess boys are all fired up then god help the Aussies in the first 20 minutes. I hope Sinny can keep up!!!

Back's against the wall mentality... love it!!! Today is Dunkirk, tomorrow it will be d-day!! :D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#663 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Heard a promo trailer on Steve Wright just a bit ago. It seemed pretty good but it is quite noisy on the M62. That's the biggest show on the radio isn't it?

#664 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:09 PM

"Welsh fans expected to flock to Rugby League World Cup 2013 opener at Millennium Stadium"

http://www.walesonli...k-rugby-6240090

Some comments about the expected crowd from the RLWC2013 team in there too.

Edited by donny donny, 25 October 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#665 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I think McNamara has eventually shown he has a backbone. Stormed out of a press conference, sounds more like he decided he didn't want to be negative, stuck to the positives, smiled and said his bus was leaving and left.

Finally heard the audio of this incident. It was hardly the 'storm' that the media are trying to make us think it was.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#666 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

A commercial guide to the Rugby League World Cup 2013

http://www.sportspro...world_cup_2013/

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#667 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

"Welsh fans expected to flock to Rugby League World Cup 2013 opener at Millennium Stadium"

http://www.walesonli...k-rugby-6240090

Some comments about the expected crowd from the RLWC2013 team in there too.

Has anyone seen the comment under the story?!?!

#668 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just had a look. What an utter utter prat.  :biggrin: 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#669 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Absolutely priceless.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#670 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Can't read comments on this phone. What does it say (if printable)

#671 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

i love rugby which is why i wont be going to this, it should never be staged in wales. Surely it is time for the W.R.U. to step up to the plate and make certain that the cancer which is rugby league is finally killed off in Wales

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#672 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

i love rugby which is why i wont be going to this, it should never be staged in wales. Surely it is time for the W.R.U. to step up to the plate and make certain that the cancer which is rugby league is finally killed off in Wales

Just another fab thing about Rugby League - it makes people like this very angry.  :biggrin: 

#673 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Take pleasure in the fact he is probably seriously unhappy at the moment and will become even more unhappy as the tournament progresses. Rugby League is doing pretty well in Wales and will hopefully greatly benefit from this world cup.

As a wise man once said.."You can't fight progress sunshine". 

Edited by EastLondonMike, 25 October 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#674 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,130 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

That is superb. :D

#675 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Fabulous stuff.

One for the old school TRLers: just got my copy of the RLWC guide from Smiths at King's Cross. Those looking for such publications as Rugby World and England Rugby might be disappointed unless they look behind the remaining copies of the RLWC guide.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#676 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

great stuff in the evening standard a double page and positive

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#677 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Fabulous stuff.

One for the old school TRLers: just got my copy of the RLWC guide from Smiths at King's Cross. Those looking for such publications as Rugby World and England Rugby might be disappointed unless they look behind the remaining copies of the RLWC guide.

Glad this practice is still live and kicking across the board! I picked up mine in Gatwick Airport last week. As I left Rugby World was sitting comfortably behind FHM and NUTS. :)

#678 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Glad this practice is still live and kicking across the board! I picked up mine in Gatwick Airport last week. As I left Rugby World was sitting comfortably behind FHM and NUTS. :)

This is an honoured tradition at Kings Cross used to to move Open Rugby to the front in 1980 and my son used to move Rugby League World to the front in Reading a few years ago,

#679 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,590 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Fabulous stuff.

The World Cup guide was spread eagled across two rugby union magazines as a result of my visit to WH Smith in Sintellins a couple of weeks ago.

#680 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,389 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

Nigel Wood on Radio 5 right now.

Said it so many times... the international game is the key to get in the press. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users