Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup media coverage

• Please log in to reply
1640 replies to this topic

#1621 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,063 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Adrian Morley on BBC Radio Five Live now! 

#1622 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

My cousins a producer at Five Live and she just sent me a pic of Mozza :-) Said he is a lovely bloke.

#1623 XIII man

XIII man
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Positive piece here from Lancs Telegraph- covers East Lancs, Blackburn, Burnley area.

http://www.lancashir...revenge/?ref=ec

#1624 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Just been looking at Twitter for the RWC final - Archbishop John Sentamu was there are, tweeting away!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1625 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

@rlmeltdown is currently addressing the clichéd inanities of Mike Calvin.

He's calling people who said positive things about the World Cup "Moonies" again. He can't even come up with an original piece of rubbish.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#1626 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,891 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Haters are gonna hate.
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#1627 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,003 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

I am starting to get the impression that Mike Calvin does not like Rugby League as much as he claims.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1628 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,063 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

He's calling people who said positive things about the World Cup "Moonies" again. He can't even come up with an original piece of rubbish.

That's cos he's probably a Scientologist?

#1629 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,003 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

Reading some of the tweets out there from 'fans' (and some players!) I am amazed that RL does as well as it does with empty headed numpties like these attaching themselves to the game. They are literally thick as two short planks.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#1630 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,475 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Great piece in the print edition of the Daily Telegraph again, focusing on the Aussies and whether this group are the best team ever.  Very positive about the tournament as a whole.  A delightful read.  The Daily Telegraph, bar one or two days, have had at least one very good article in their print edition every day during our tournament.  I was so impressed by their pre-tourney coverage, which included a big map of what was happening, when and where, that I decided to continue buying the paper each day to see what they produced.  I've been impressed and I'm going to tell them so.  Given that they hadn't shown RL the light of day for years, and indeed they may revert to that stance once the new season gets underway, I think they've provided the best coverage of the lot, especially in the broadsheets.

#1631 Banbury Wolf

Banbury Wolf
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Adrian Morley on BBC Radio Five Live now! 

Mozza was hanging about outside Old Trafford after the WC final, posing for photos. I've finally got to shake our club captain's hand and thank him for his time at Warrington ... actually should have given him some grief for leaving us to play for Salford .... ;-) only kidding Chris, best of luck in 2014!

#1632 Heritage XIII

Heritage XIII
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Wow, you thought some of your anti league journos were bad, take a look at this merkin league journo from country NSW

http://www.dailyadve...o-figure/?cs=12

If you read the feedback/comments he replies to one about "freedom of speech" but really? Freedom to lie more like it.

#1633 kier

kier
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:20 AM

Wow, you thought some of your anti league journos were bad, take a look at this merkin league journo from country NSW

If you read the feedback/comments he replies to one about "freedom of speech" but really? Freedom to lie more like it.

Wow! With friends like that......

Wasn't some of the stuff he wrote actually libel? He accused the organisers of cooking the books (fraud?).
www.fatalerror.co.nz - A Musical by Lattimer & McRae

#1634 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

From JGGMedia : The @samtomkins1 @bbc5live podcast with @markchapman was the most downloaded BBC sport podcast of the last month. #RLWC2013

#1635 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Small snippet on the final in Martin Samuel's Daily Mail column today...

"

A real drop of danger

Despite a resounding win, the use of Old Trafford for the rugby league World Cup final has been heavily criticised in Australia, and not a moment too soon. 

The significant drop around the perimeters of the pitch sent Brett Morris and New Zealand’s Manu Vatuvei plummeting into hoardings and on to hard surfaces. Both were lucky to escape serious injury, but it is only a matter of time before bones are broken. 

Momentum often carries footballers into danger there, and in rugby the risk is even greater. It should not be allowed."

#1636 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,434 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

"

A real drop of danger

Despite a resounding win, the use of Old Trafford for the rugby league World Cup final has been heavily criticised in Australia, and not a moment too soon. 

The significant drop around the perimeters of the pitch sent Brett Morris and New Zealand’s Manu Vatuvei plummeting into hoardings and on to hard surfaces. Both were lucky to escape serious injury, but it is only a matter of time before bones are broken. 

Momentum often carries footballers into danger there, and in rugby the risk is even greater. It should not be allowed."

The fat knacker actually has a point, for once.

#1637 St Reatham

St Reatham
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

" A real drop of danger

I'm surprised he gives a damn. I can still picture the article he wrote with the headline of "and now for a sport no one cares about - rugby league".

#1638 Trojan horse

Trojan horse
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

"

A real drop of danger

Might just be jealousy because when the RU applied to use Old Trafford for their World Cup they were turned. 

#1639 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:23 PM

That is unbelievable stuff. Particularly when he starts ranting about clubs in the 'bush'. It's as if it was written as a tongue-in-cheek joke it's that ludicrous.

#1640 Trojan horse

Trojan horse
  • Coach
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

Interesting piece on KouKash in the Canberra Times within the past hour. Link on NewsNow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users