TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Voate drui

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hornetsexile

hornetsexile
  • Players
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

There is a great article on Rochdale Online news about the arrival of 4 Fijian players that came to the snowy Athletic grounds in 1963. The picture accompanying the article is a belter and very familiar to those of a certain age. The lights for the greyhound racing, Tintown in the background, and Eddie Waring.

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

When I was in Oldham Royal I had a nurse that was a relative of Orisi Dawei.  She was, I think, a grand-daughter by marriage.  I tried to get her interested in giving the club some background, photos etc but she hasn't got in touch.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

When I was in Oldham Royal I had a nurse that was a relative of Orisi Dawei.  She was, I think, a grand-daughter by marriage.  I tried to get her interested in giving the club some background, photos etc but she hasn't got in touch.

Pugwash.

What she didn't fall for your boyish good looks. Silly girl.

You can always send her your photo from the Obbie, nice one Andy

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#4 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Just been reading the official rugby league world cup guide.

On the Fiji team profile page it says 2 Fijians, levula and Ravouvou, moved to Rochdale in the 1960s. Very lazy journalism. The entire magazine is full of errors.

On another note, interesting to see how few of the 2013 dream team have been selected for the England world cup squad.

#5 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

Pugwash.

The Nurse you mention is possibly  Voate Driu's Daughter who was Orisi Dawai's Brother , Orisi never had any Children 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#6 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I used to live near Driu's daughter when she was a few doors up Haslam St from me, but this is a different person, a younger lass completely at Oldham Royal and I'm sure her surname was Dawei.  My memory isn't what it was though!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#7 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

http://www.rochdaleo...rugby-world-cup

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users