TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

twitter

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

I highly doubt, even if they had asked, they would have been able to do anything similar on the OT pitch.

Oh I dunno.  We have a good relationship with OT.  Just extended the GF contract there until 2017.  If we (RL) offered to clean up the pitch afterwards then it's quite possible they would have gone with it.  But even if we didn't paint the thing on, there could have been a big sign held up on the pitch prior to the match. They held up big signs of the Wire and Wigan logos plus club colours.

#22 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Compare this to the NRL approach - they had #NRLGF painted on the pitch at the half way line for the Grand Final. Who is the clown who thinks hashtags are not a good way of promoting the game?

I'm not sure it's the same person but his attitude to them was bewildering.

They aren't just a good way to promote the game. We often see TV programs incorporating tweets into their on-screen discussions but we don't seem to want to do this in RL.

#23 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Seems a bit crackers though to be thinking Wire had won it when the halftime hooter hadn't even sounded?  We all know how momentum shifts in rugby league.  I enjoyed Warrington's purple patch solely because it was pretty much the only period of the game where some real attacking skill was on show but it never crossed my mind that they had won it.  There was way too much of the game still left to play and in recent years I have not seen a Wigan team of any description capitulate.  They aren't the most entertaining of Wigan sides but they are very determined and that can go a long way in any game, especially a knock out game.

I don't think it's crackers at all. Last night was the biggest ever comeback in a Grand Final, so it wasn't crackers to suspect that it wasn't going to be the biggest ever comeback, especially given the way the game was going.

As for Schofield, he made a comment and then later put, "Game over the other way now! Amazing from Wigan," followed by "Yep bring it on. I deserve everything I get!!"

It's a bit harsh to call him a miserable, negative, clueless weapon for that.

#24 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

I don't think it's crackers at all. Last night was the biggest ever comeback in a Grand Final, so it wasn't crackers to suspect that it wasn't going to be the biggest ever comeback, especially given the way the game was going.As for Schofield, he made a comment and then later put, "Game over the other way now! Amazing from Wigan," followed by "Yep bring it on. I deserve everything I get!!"It's a bit harsh to call him a miserable, negative, clueless weapon for that.

I disagree. He was bemoaning it as being over after 30 mins. He's ALWAYS focussing on the negative. He is miserable, he's often clueless as well.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 06 October 2013 - 11:14 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#25 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't think it's crackers at all. Last night was the biggest ever comeback in a Grand Final, so it wasn't crackers to suspect that it wasn't going to be the biggest ever comeback, especially given the way the game was going.

As for Schofield, he made a comment and then later put, "Game over the other way now! Amazing from Wigan," followed by "Yep bring it on. I deserve everything I get!!"

It's a bit harsh to call him a miserable, negative, clueless weapon for that.

It's that plus just about everything else he ever writes!

#26 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,714 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

I disagree. He was bemoaning it as being over after 30 mins. He's ALWAYS focussing on the negative. He is miserable, he's often clueless as well.

You can read it as you like, I certainly didn't read it that way. I actually thought he must have said something else when I saw your original post.

#27 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

They aren't just a good way to promote the game. We often see TV programs incorporating tweets into their on-screen discussions but we don't seem to want to do this in RL.

A legacy of the type of person usually attracted to the game and the main communities it is based in? I am sure I'll get slated for this but I do find as a whole the communities the game is based around as a whole are a bit slow and unwlling to adapt to changes in the wider world. The governing body are absolutely no different.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 06 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#28 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Looks like Joey Barton was enjoying the game last night:

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton

Super League is the best sport on telly. Even if its not your telly. What a game this is. Warrington are on the ropes here...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#29 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Rugby League did itself no harm at all on Saturday. Really impressive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users