Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

Where us the Bixing Day game this year? I can't remember where it was last year! :(
SIGNATURE

#2 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

its away at teabag stadium for us lads this time. :hunter:

#3 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Cheers old pal! Couldn't for the life in me remember the last game. I were thinking it was Mount this year but I guess that was just wishful thinking hehe
SIGNATURE

#4 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Er we won thats all I remember. They ain't beaten us for years those silly sheep ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#5 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Piggy.. I hope ur memories not going.... We lost up there last time... Mr Kears first game ....ben fisher came on as a sub thats all i remember ......It was a dire dire game.
On a more positive note... Can someone confirm that last time the sheep finished above us in the league is now 13years???? That's what I make it? Maybe we should put a banner up at mount counting the years??

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Sorry my memory is like my IQ......
Not very big, but I like the sound of 13 years. I run out of fingers at ten but I can't see the rubbish they have signed beating us next year either ( apart from Tom, he's OK)

Please excuse my poor grammer I blame Wigan for making me drink more than usual.......bastards

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

Piggy.. I hope ur memories not going.... We lost up there last time... Mr Kears first game ....ben fisher came on as a sub thats all i remember ......It was a dire dire game.
On a more positive note... Can someone confirm that last time the sheep finished above us in the league is now 13years???? That's what I make it? Maybe we should put a banner up at mount counting the years??

Nowhere near as long as that. I reckon it's nearer 5 years. They finished above us one year after both them and Sheffield got promoted in the same year if I remember correctly. 2008 or 2009 ish.

#8 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:56 PM

They won the league below us (wining all games that year?) didn't they??? ... Anyway can anyone confirm???? Andrew Grailey maybe?

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

They won the league below us (wining all games that year?) didn't they??? ... Anyway can anyone confirm???? Andrew Grailey maybe?

Yes they did, but a couple of seasons before that they finished just above us in the league. They then went on a bit of a spending spree and bought a couple of stars, Aaron Trinder and Tere Glasie (poor spellings) spring to mind and had particularly high expectations, but ended up getting relegated. This is how I remember it, but stand to be corrected.

http://en.wikipedia....s_in_2007#Table

Edited by distantdog, 05 October 2013 - 09:35 PM.

#10 ginaldo

ginaldo
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

I think its 13 years

#11 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

2007. Look at the link

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

2007. Look at the link

But we lost fewer games than them so really.....

#13 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Revisionism . . We also scored more points than them. But . . . we still finished below them.

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

What goes around comes around. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Some (but not many) on here will remember a long dire period for Batley, and similar ones for Dewsbury and, worst of all, the days when we battled it out with each other for the wooden spoon year after year.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

And still one trophy mind you the Bridesmaid outfits are starting to look quiet fitting.

Edited by EQUALIZER, 06 October 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:24 AM

And still one trophy mind you the Bridesmaid outfits are starting to look quiet fitting.

Unlike the Rams stood at the back waiting to try and catch the flowers!

#17 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

Some (but not many) on here will remember a long dire period for Batley, and similar ones for Dewsbury and, worst of all, the days when we battled it out with each other for the wooden spoon year after year.

Yep,remember times like that bsj..I don't think some of our younger supporters really realise how lucky they are to be supporting batley through times like these,or some of our older ones for that matter,we really should appreciate what is happening at the club both on and off the pitch,and pray the days of Leslie driver etc. never return.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#18 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Couldn't agree more with this. I am now 50, and I can honestly say  that fpr a majority of my time watching Batley, we really haven't been very good, which makes the current period all the more enjoyable.  

What is for certain is that it is cyclical, and one day we will be back to being the les successful team. (Not that there is much between us at the moment)

#19 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yep,remember times like that bsj..I don't think some of our younger supporters really realise how lucky they are to be supporting batley through times like these,or some of our older ones for that matter,we really should appreciate what is happening at the club both on and off the pitch,and pray the days of Leslie driver etc. never return.

I have this conversation with my son, minus the Leslie Driver reference. I waited a half a century for some real success, I just hope he does not have to wait so long.

#20 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

hm.....i thought you had retired to your perambulator Tranquilizer ?....you really are quite a sad person... :sarcastichand: 

Edited by RPH, 06 October 2013 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users