TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Average actual playing time

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sigesige00

sigesige00
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

Could you tell me the average actual playing time of RL?  (NRL, Super Leaguevof Europe, 4 Nations, World Cup)

I think that the rule should be changed from running time to actual playing time.

#2 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:16 AM

Could you tell me the average actual playing time of RL?  (NRL, Super Leaguevof Europe, 4 Nations, World Cup)

I think that the rule should be changed from running time to actual playing time.

Wow, big statement, some Union matches would go on for weeks!

Got this from a NZ rugby website "In the final regular season round of the NRL, the ball is in play for 78% of the total game time. In the final regular season game of the Super 14 the ball is in play for 35% of total game time"

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Wow, big statement, some Union matches would go on for weeks!
Got this from a NZ rugby website "In the final regular season round of the NRL, the ball is in play for 78% of the total game time. In the final regular season game of the Super 14 the ball is in play for 35% of total game time"

We're absolutely not interested in the slightest in union comparisons on this forum. Stick to the original request only. Any more union comparisons will be deleted.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 Daltoni

Daltoni
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

We're absolutely not interested in the slightest in union comparisons on this forum. Stick to the original request only. Any more union comparisons will be deleted.

OK, put you handbag away! 

#5 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Presumably, if you went down that route it'd be less minutes each way. 25 or 30, happen.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,519 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Two on one thread? That's not bad going.

#7 ehbandit

ehbandit
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think it's great the way it is! sigesige00 you would like to change a lot of rules wouldn't you? why don't you invent a new sport called sigesige00 ball? I'm sure it would be a great success.

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I presumed the OP had lost the right to post on here ages ago after a number of Union loaded questions about our game.

Still, their topics are good as a source of amusement as long as you don't allow yourself to get too irritated by them.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users