RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tony Smith,s Smug Face

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

nice to see with plenty of egg on it last night.Anyone else cant stand him?

Posted Image

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

me...amazing how he seemed so indignant when harrison hansen carried out an alleged 'cannonball' tackle on ratchford,but forgot about westwood's blatant punch on blake green that should have been a sending off....but then again blake green got a winners ring didn't he?  :D

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

just what i was thinking ! Smith always comes across as so arrogant when interviewed

Posted Image

#4 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

arrogant is correct & wire bottled it again

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

He can afford to be a bit arrogant/cocky/confident, he has been the best coach in this country for years and done amazing with every club hes coached

• HUNSLET72 likes this

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

well said gary lad.  +1

#7 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

He can afford to be a bit arrogant/cocky/confident, he has been the best coach in this country for years and done amazing with every club hes coached

shame he bottled it with england

#8 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

shame he bottled it with
england

Dont think he bottled it as such, just couldn't go out and sign better players than the kangaroos like he can do at club level...funny how brian mcdermott and shaun wane dont come across as smug and cocky...his brother was a better coach imo.
"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#9 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Of course you are right Tony Smith does have that air of arrogance about him .But , when it counts HE IS THE MAN.Some coach's CAN , whilst others may be better @ B&Q !! !!!

Edited by HUNSLET72, 10 October 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#10 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

he never won a game at Huddersfield one year did he?

Posted Image

#11 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

he never won a game at Huddersfield one year did he?

He even lost to little Hunslet in a Challenge Cup game.

#12 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

A tale i got told by Stinger (kit man) was that Tony Smith came the week before to watch us play London Skolars and on leaving he said "our 2nd string could beat these" Ha Ha

#13 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I could think of Two teams in Leeds that Wish they had him !!!!!

#14 Moose

Moose
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I could think of Two teams in Leeds that Wish they had him !!!!!

I think the Old Boys and Warriors are both happy with their coach

• HUNSLET72 likes this

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

I think the Old Boys and Warriors are both happy with their coach

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#16 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

He's like a lot of sports people/performers coming across as very arrogant and cocky in his professional role. My views on him were pretty much the same as many on here until I met him at a charity do, where he came across as a most selfless and humble member of society -  giving his spare time and own money to the charity's cause

#17 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

He's like a lot of sports people/performers coming across as very arrogant and cocky in his professional role. My views on him were pretty much the same as many on here until I met him at a charity do, where he came across as a most selfless and humble member of society - giving his spare time and own money to the charity's cause

a work colleague once met him at a rugby do and he has spoken very highly of him, said he made time to speak to people and listened to what they had to say.you only need to look where Warrington were when he took over. I also know a lot of Leeds fans who would have him back tomorrow

#18 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

i,ll never forget him making a pot of tea half way through the 2nd half in the Cup Final at Cardiff, Leeds v Hull. The TV cameras clearly showed him through the window with a kettle in his hand, even old Ray French said , i dont beleive it hes making a brew !Of course Paul Cooke paid him back for his cockiness in the last minite...

Posted Image

#19 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have to agree here, like him or not , not saying I do. but he makes his club, as a coach into a winning team. 

Best coach Warrington and Leeds  has/had.

• HUNSLET72 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users