TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan v Sydney Roosters

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

a couple short of 60,000 when they played the bunnies, i have been down under to watch the chooks and believe me they have a large fan base...........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#22 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

I want to see Wigan go over there and turn 'em over. I'll be bouncing around Old Frightful's local if they win!

#23 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,038 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

I want to see Wigan go over there and turn 'em over. I'll be bouncing around Old Frightful's local if they win!

Wigan have done that before and pulled in more than 40,000 in Brisbane. they were supposed to be crushed by the rampamt Broncos but somebody forget to give them the script.

#24 ben25

ben25
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

Im from Aust and think its great that the WCC will be played in Sydney,will be a huge crowd and cant understand this notion on here that the Roosters dont have a big fan base. They are one of the foundation clubs and have a huge supporter base,averaging over 19 000 this year with many games getting over 30 000. Sure there numbers were down a few years ago however they had some terrible years on and off the field and all clubs go through that.They are a big club the roosters, Sydney Vs Wigan will be massive.

Edited by ben25, 14 October 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#25 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

the thing is with roosters or as the are officially known eastern suburbs, have a massive membership base for the leagues club and many of the members go to watch the chooks, no doubt a few members will make it to the game in wigan...............me included.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#26 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

play it in South Africa as there bidding for 2017 world cup about time RL went all out to establish league out there. They should have been in this years world cup if we are to make the game more global .  

Chief Crazy Eagle

#27 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

go chooks.

#28 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

the thing is with roosters or as the are officially known eastern suburbs, have a massive membership base for the leagues club and many of the members go to watch the chooks, no doubt a few members will make it to the game in wigan...............me included.

They haven't been officially known as Eastern Suburbs since the 90s.

The majority of Easts Leagues Club members (and let's not mistake them as being members of the Rugby League club) are old age citizens spending their pensions on poker machines.

Take away victories and they have a smaller following than almost all bar Cronulla

#29 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

see post#24

#30 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I doubt that would occur even if Wigan could play all of those leaving as well, should they field a side not quite on song they will end up being embarassed.

The present Roosters side is the best club side that I have watched since the Wigan glory years in the 80s, they simply are special. They play with a lot of flair in attack and their defence is superb also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users