RLWC2013

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

A few weeks away from the start of the RLWC2013 exciting times ahead for the game.Who's going and which matches are you going to.
We have tickets for the big three plus Rochdale and hopefully the two England matches at Huddersfield and Hull as well as the matches at Halifax,St Helens and Leeds.
I'M also volunteering at four other matches.
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#2 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:34 AM

Fiji v Ireland - Spotland

Fiji v Australia - St Helens

Cook Islands v Samoa - Leigh

Qtr final - Wigan

Final - Old Trafford

For me, and may well pick up a couple of extra games here and there, cant wait!

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

I've just read the piece in R.L.&L.E. and McNamara claims we can win the trophy!!!

What a complete ******** he is going to look when we get our butts handed to us by Australia and/or New Zealand.  To make a claim like that takes significantly more evidence than I've seen surrounding the national side over the last few years.  Picking Man of Steel Danny Brough instead of Rangi Chase would have been a start, but what do all these pundits know?!?!?!?

I can't see the winner not being either/or Australia and New Zealand.

I'll be at the Ireland v Fiji tie but couldn't get to any others which is a shame, I'd have loved to see us 'destroy' those antipodeans in Cardiff.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

I am going to 23 games !

Edited by RIGGY, 10 October 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#5 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I am going to 25 games !

It's alright for some.

Fiji v Ireland.
Scotland v USA at Salford
And the final
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#6 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 510 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

But the aussies haven't been high altitude training - they are bound to run out of puff in the second half!!!!!

NZ are the wild card - without SBW and Benji Marshall their team has been ripped apart - but they do have a habit of pulling young blokes out of nowhere and Shaun Johnson could be the next one.

As I mentioned in another post - the Super League dream team, with no 'foreigners' in it for the first time, appears to have escaped the attention of the coach. O'loughlin, Charnley, Tomkins and Cudjoe are the only ones 'good enough' for McNamara's band.

#7 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

The Aussie and Kiwi forwards always dominate us, but this time I think we have a pack to stand up to them, maybe its our time.

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

I see SBW has now been drafted into the squad after making himself available, the dropped guy must be a bit miffed!

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users