RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

On-line broadcasting of World Cup?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 sigesige00

sigesige00
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:33 AM

Is there any on-line broadcasting of World Cup games?

• a.n Other likes this

#2 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:58 AM

Yeah Premier Sports online player thing I assume. £9.99PM

http://www.premierpl...be/new-customer

(links to the online player subscription page not the tv one)

#3 sigesige00

sigesige00
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yeah Premier Sports online player thing I assume. £9.99PM

http://www.premierpl...be/new-customer

(links to the online player subscription page not the tv one)

Thank you.  Could you tell me what "PM" means?  Per month?

#4 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM

It is on 7mate in Australia too

http://au.sports.yah...world-cup-2013/

Edited by South Wakefield Sharks, 07 October 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#5 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Does anyone know if these subscriptions are available legally in continental Europe? Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Is there any on-line broadcasting of World Cup games?

The BBC are running their live commentaries online, like they did with the Olympics, but that is just text based.  Available on an App as well so far as I can gather.

#7 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,392 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

But you don't like to talk about it, eh?

• westlondonfan likes this
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#8 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

I emailed Premier last week but I've had no reply from them.  Does anyone know whether they have form for ignoring emails or not?

#9 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

Does anyone know if these subscriptions are available legally in continental Europe? Where I spend much of my time touring with my band.

The Player is definitely available in Belgium. If you PM me those tour dates and where I can pick up my free tickets I'd be pleased to come along and verify the existence of your, erm, band.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#10 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm sure I read a tweet from Premier Sports saying that their online coverage would be available worldwide.

#11 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Anyone know any promo codes for Premier (TV not online player)?.. sacked in SKY last week and wanna get Premier for the RLWC13..

• EddieCharger likes this

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#12 Moomintroll

Moomintroll
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Player is definitely available in Belgium. If you PM me those tour dates and where I can pick up my free tickets I'd be pleased to come along and verify the existence of your, erm, band.

If you click on the link that Lionhead provided, there's another link at the bottom of the information box that lists all the Premier Player sports and the countries you can receive them in.

For the record, I can watch everything in Finland except for Swedish Speedway  :buba:

• Larry the Leit likes this

#13 Jerry the Berry

Jerry the Berry
  • Coach
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Will Premier Sports broadcast their games in HD?

I think not having the likes of Sky (or BT Sport even) onboard could really affect the way this competition is perceived. Love em or hate em, Sky Sports are very good at what they do.

Sky TV could have built up good momentum with the RLWC and I fear the games that are exclusively on Premier Sports will pass any potential new fans completely by. 

• Southerner likes this

#14 statties

statties
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

U would be suprised that Sth America nations Brazil, Argentina and Bolivia were all in the top ten of most watched NRL Grand Final. But I would love to know a stream in S America that I can watch the games. Anybody???

#15 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,394 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Will Premier Sports broadcast their games in HD?

I think not having the likes of Sky (or BT Sport even) onboard could really affect the way this competition is perceived. Love em or hate em, Sky Sports are very good at what they do.

Sky TV could have built up good momentum with the RLWC and I fear the games that are exclusively on Premier Sports will pass any potential new fans completely by.

Fairly relaxed about this.

Most of the big games will be on BBC in front of a national audience. New fans are going to be attracted by seeing England win games, or by seeing some of the smaller teams live.

This way, if any RL fans want to watch a game, they'll be there live instead of sitting in front of Sky, snarking on Twitter with one hand and their **** in the other.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#16 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

This way, if any RL fans want to watch a game, they'll be there live instead of sitting in front of Sky, snarking on Twitter with one hand and their **** in the other.

Hock?

#17 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

I have e-mailed BBC Wales regarding TV coverage as only England are having all their game live on the BBC. (Wales v Italy will be the only live BBC game featuring Wales). I have asked why they can't stream games like they did with alternative sports when the Olympics were being broadcast.  They advise its a broadcasting rights issue but BBC Wales are still in negotiations to show some further Wales games live.  BBC will have a highlights programme running during the competition but if its anything like the Super League Show it will be on at 4 o'clock in the morning!

I have signed up to the Premier Sports online player at £9.99 per month and have already enjoyed the Northern Rail Cup and Bowl final, the Championships Grand Finals (replays as I was at Halifax and Leigh SV), a few Championships games, the NRL Grand Final, 2 State of Origin games.  An enthusiastic and knowledgeable commentary team and no unnecessary 'filler'.  I think their RLWC coverage will be extremely good.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I have e-mailed BBC Wales regarding TV coverage as only England are having all their game live on the BBC. (Wales v Italy will be the only live BBC game featuring Wales). I have asked why they can't stream games like they did with alternative sports when the Olympics were being broadcast.  They advise its a broadcasting rights issue but BBC Wales are still in negotiations to show some further Wales games live.  BBC will have a highlights programme running during the competition but if its anything like the Super League Show it will be on at 4 o'clock in the morning!

The Superleague Show has been airing at 11.30pm in the north on Monday nights on BBC1 and lunchtime nationwide on BBC2 for the whole of 2013 season so you're a little out of touch there!

I have signed up to the Premier Sports online player at £9.99 per month and have already enjoyed the Northern Rail Cup and Bowl final, the Championships Grand Finals (replays as I was at Halifax and Leigh SV), a few Championships games, the NRL Grand Final, 2 State of Origin games.  An enthusiastic and knowledgeable commentary team and no unnecessary 'filler'.  I think their RLWC coverage will be extremely good

Premier Sports have done very well this season.  I have access to Premier on TV so I can't comment on their online service but their commentary and coverage has been really enjoyable.  I think they'll do a good job of the world cup.

#19 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 481 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

The Superleague Show has been airing at 11.30pm in the north on Monday nights on BBC1 and lunchtime nationwide on BBC2 for the whole of 2013 season so you're a little out of touch there!

Premier Sports have done very well this season.  I have access to Premier on TV so I can't comment on their online service but their commentary and coverage has been really enjoyable.  I think they'll do a good job of the world cup.

Maybe in the North but certainly not on BBC Wales - which is a wasteland for Rugby League - I am battling with them just to get North Wales Crusaders and South Wales Scorpions results to be read out on TV and Radio sports news. Our SLS Broadcasts are very early morning or on i-Player.

#20 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 3,647 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Maybe in the North but certainly not on BBC Wales - which is a wasteland for Rugby League - I am battling with them just to get North Wales Crusaders and South Wales Scorpions results to be read out on TV and Radio sports news. Our SLS Broadcasts are very early morning or on i-Player.

The BBC2 showing was definitely nationwide so presumably these days 'nationwide' means England only?  That would be my guess, if BBC Wales is an different entity (as opposed to simply being the BBC represented in Wales).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users