Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL & SLE set to clash

• Please log in to reply
847 replies to this topic

#841 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

James Smailes ‏@James_Smailes 20m
Hull FC owner Adam Pearson speaking at fans forum says Gary Hetherington has had 17 years helping run game and time other clubs had a say

So this spilt is as some already said , nothing to do with the 2015 plan more to do with pro/anti Hetherington. Frankly they all want their heads banging together.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#842 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hull FC @hullfcofficial 2m

AP: structure of comp and play offs not quite right. Needs work on that and we know we need to play attractive rugby to bring fans back

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#843 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

AP: I'd like two leagues of 12 with one up one down with a five team play offs. We need more money in the sport to fend off NRL and union

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#844 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

AP: I can see comp next year being one of best for long time with two teams likely to go down. We have to be prepared and we will be

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#845 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

AP: I'd like two leagues of 12 with one up one down with a five team play offs.

Very sensible option...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#846 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

Stolen this off another forum:

"Pearson said that the meeting was called at short notice and the clubs weren't expecting the restructure to be on the agenda as all had agreed it should be delayed until after the WC. McManus was away, the Castleford CEO was 'very ill', Bradford had no vote as the new owners haven't been ratified yet, and it was clear that Heatherington had the Leeds, Wakey, and Widnes votes in his pocket.

It was a dead-set ambush attempt and the 6 who walked out were having no part of it. Kath Hetherington appears to have been representing Wakey in some way, although it's not clear how. James Rule, a very close friend and confidant of the above 2 was representing Widnes. And in case you missed it, Pearson wasn't alone with his concerns. There were 6 clubs who felt they were being set up.

Even if you want to dismiss these concerns as paranoia it seems inappropriate at best to spring a vote on such an important issue at a meeting where it wasn't on the circulated agenda and 3 clubs (Saints, Bradford, Castleford) weren't in a position to to make a decisive vote - one not being able to vote at all."

Edited by GeordieSaint, 24 October 2013 - 07:46 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#847 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Stolen this off another forum:

"Pearson said that the meeting was called at short notice and the clubs weren't expecting the restructure to be on the agenda as all had agreed it should be delayed until after the WC. McManus was away, the Castleford CEO was 'very ill', Bradford had no vote as the new owners haven't been ratified yet, and it was clear that Heatherington had the Leeds, Wakey, and Widnes votes in his pocket.

It was a dead-set ambush attempt and the 6 who walked out were having no part of it. Kath Hetherington appears to have been representing Wakey in some way, although it's not clear how. James Rule, a very close friend and confidant of the above 2 was representing Widnes. And in case you missed it, Pearson wasn't alone with his concerns. There were 6 clubs who felt they were being set up.

Even if you want to dismiss these concerns as paranoia it seems inappropriate at best to spring a vote on such an important issue at a meeting where it wasn't on the circulated agenda and 3 clubs (Saints, Bradford, Castleford) weren't in a position to to make a decisive vote - one not being able to vote at all."

Went to the fans forum today. Pearson pulled no punches with his words. Gary Hetherington is trying to run the game in the eyes of many of the owners. The position of Kath at Wakefield was criticised by him as well (by mentioning the "fit and proper person" screening at the RFL as "non-existent" and has left us in a situation with Bradford and Wakefield).

So the walkout was not because of what the agenda was, it was because it was brought up at a time that was agreed not to be brought up and at a time when 3 close reps of clubs could gang up and try and push their agenda. 6 clubs out of 11 there walked out. 3 have a clique in Leeds-Wakey-Widnes which leaves London and Salford.

A bit naughty by Gary to bring it up when he shouldn't have and then expect those clubs that walked out of the meeting to apologise for their actions.

Leadership in the game? Hmmm...
Things like this shouldn't be happening, surely?
Posted Image

#848 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

So this spilt is as some already said , nothing to do with the 2015 plan more to do with pro/anti Hetherington. Frankly they all want their heads banging together.

It is about all sorts of things, but the bottom line is about Money, In the end ( like any other business ) the people who control the money will control the game, It will just take some people longer than others to realize it.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt