Try Reading event - Talking Rugby League

Date and time:
Thursday, 10 October 2013 - 7:00pm
Cost:
£3.50 for library members, £5 for non-members
Booking required
Suitable for:
Adults

'Talking Rugby League’ - Leading commentators share their passion for the game. Join us for an entertaining view of rugby league today and a lively discussion.

Speakers for the event are:

Dave Hadfield

Rugby league has dominated Dave’s life since he was a schoolboy. After working for newspapers in Shropshire and Blackpool he travelled the world before becoming the Independent's rugby league man in 1990. He has written seven books on the game and broadcast extensively for Sky and the BBC. His latest book is Learning Curve: The Remarkable Story of Student Rugby League from Scratching Shed.

Neil Barraclough

Neil Barraclough is an experienced rugby league journalist, reporting on the sport for the Daily Mail as well as a range of other titles including League Express and Forty-20. He has written for every UK national newspaper, as well as appearing on Sky Sports, BBC Radio 5Live, Talksport, Sky Sports News Radio, Yorkshire Radio, BBC Radio Leeds, BBC Radio Humberside, Wish FM and Super League TV.

#2 Geoff Lee

Geoff Lee
  • Coach
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

And the following week on October 17th at the same library, another Try Reading Event though this time starting at 2 p.m., I will be talking about how Rugby League and Northern working class humour at work together inspired me to write five South Lancashire based novels.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

#3 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Emailed Walkden Library this morning.

Event cancelled "due to unforeseen circumstances".

:yahoo: 

Edited by Blue Monkey, 09 October 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Same the the fortune teller I was due to see!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users