Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tol Signs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Ian Talbot has commited himself to the club for a further 12 months, well done Ian we are glad to have you on board.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Absolutely right Baron, I think we'd be silly to let him go now with all his St. Helens contacts etc.  We're in a much better place to offer Saints players a higher standard of rugby in readiness for a Super League career.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 no1 saints fan

no1 saints fan
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

I'm glad he is staying with you guys. He is a good, young, british coach with a lot to give to the game.

He flew out to Australia yesterday with our junior players for their academy tour. So for the next three weeks he will be down under. He might get the opportunity to have a look around and see if there are any players that could do a job for you next season. Just a thought.

#4 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Well done Tol.Very pleased indeed.

#5 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:31 AM

I am not too proud to say this, but I along with plenty of others had my doubts about Ian Talbot.

I am so glad that the coach, board and most importantly the players never doubted!

Giving Tal another 12 months is the very least he deserves after a fantastic end to this season.

Bring on 2014!

#6 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

Over the moon about Tol continuing with us, our season as a whole has proved that he is the man to carry on with the success that he has brought to the team.

I am sure that most supporters that have followed then around the country this season will have noticed the fantastic team spirit and the rapport with the fans has been a huge factor in gaining promotion. It seems a long time ago since we saw such camaradarie amongst the players and that has taken the team through some of the dark days and onto brighter times, cant wait for 2014, bring it on.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#7 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

You only had to be at the grand final after party to see what the players think of Tol. Great news for the club. It's not going to be easy next season and he could have walked away knowing this. It 's the measure of the man that he wants to stay and fight to keep us in this league.

#8 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

I hope we sort out playing a couple of home games at a neutral venue when the pitch is being worked rather than play away for 5 or 6 weeks.Maybe not as much travelling but a lot tougher games.This is where Ian Talbot undeservedly got grief when it was out of his hands. Anyway, to next season and I think we will need 40 pts to finish in the top 8, maybe 10 wins and 7 bps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users