Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

cardiff

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

anyone going and what do you think of our chances with the squad announced in the opener v aussie

#2 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

No chance

#3 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

I am. The Bears are running trips to Cardiff, Wembley and the final at Old Trafford.
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't beat the Aussies in the first game, but cannot see us beating them twice.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

honestly i think theyll beat us by 18-24 points.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

England will win the game, if we are ever going to beat them now is our best chance

#6 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

I will be there to witness a long awaited win over the old enemy.  with a glut of lads not only playing in the nrl but excelling in the best comp we must have a good chance this time around.  also the coach has dropped some of the lads who I thought shouldnt have been in an international team in the first place and replaced them with some big strong players who have earned their stripes in the nrl.  come on england

#7 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I will be there to witness a long awaited win over the old enemy.  with a glut of lads not only playing in the nrl but excelling in the best comp we must have a good chance this time around.  also the coach has dropped some of the lads who I thought shouldnt have been in an international team in the first place and replaced them with some big strong players who have earned their stripes in the nrl.  come on england

Absolutely, Scrumhalf. Over recent years people seem to have got the impression that England/GB players are too much in awe of the Kangaroos. Phsycologically, having a group of lads that are playing these "invincibles" week-in, week-out, could make a massive difference. The Kangaroos are human. They aren't unbeatable.

Winning the first game will set the tournament up. It guarantees England an "easier" run to Old Trafford that will avoid NZ until the final, if they make it past the semi. If England win at Cardiff, OT will sell out the following week and tickets for all other matches will fly.

Can't wait!

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#8 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Up front is an even match.  It's in the backs where we are still a long way behind apart from Ryan Hall.  Hooker and halves are not as good as Smith, Cronk and Thurston.  

Expect it to be tight and not too pretty.  Kicking game has to be spot on.  

Looking forward to the opening game though.  It could be brutal.

I worry that the Aussies will target Westwood and Hock's short fuses.

Bring it on.

Have to watch most of it in various bars in Tenerife.  Such is life! :yes: 

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'd rather have our pack than there's. Our backline isn't awful either, but we are going to be in a bit of trouble I think because Ablett is potentially going to be left centre which means we won't really have a left hand side attack where our winger who has proven himself against the Aussies will have nothing to work from.

It's just halves and Hooker we are going to get beaten. With McNamara not selecting our best Hooker and not deeming our best scrum half good enough to be in a 40 man ETS earlier in the season means we really are struggling. Widdop will do a job but may have to do to much IMO. Sinfield isn't good enough and Chase is far to off the cuff for myself.

We can beat them in a one off game. If we lose the first game it ain't a disaster, the game in the final means so much more.