Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like your super league campaign could be busted

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Buffons the lot of them

http://www.sportingl...e-restructuring

#2 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

'I'm all right Jack......' Super League looking after their own interests again.

#3 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

What a mess

TEAMROVERS_small.jpg

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

Jeez - they've just postponed a meeting ...... <_<

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Disgrace, 12 and 12 the only way forward.

#6 phildog

phildog
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

What are you all so surprised at? It was nailed on that after all their bluster, the RL would try their damnest to blow it out of the water. I suggest that all current and prospective championship clubs should break away from the same organisation which runs what is basically an imposed competition and set up their own competition, taking the Challenge Cup with it. I'm sure that chairmen of the championship clubs aren't happy, and that they would be far more fair in their approach to their own organisation than RLHQ is to them. Sorry lads and lasses but can't see the 2015 revolution happening, they'll defer and defer til we all just give up and go home.

#7 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

What are you all so surprised at? It was nailed on that after all their bluster, the RL would try their damnest to blow it out of the water. I suggest that all current and prospective championship clubs should break away from the same organisation which runs what is basically an imposed competition and set up their own competition, taking the Challenge Cup with it. I'm sure that chairmen of the championship clubs aren't happy, and that they would be far more fair in their approach to their own organisation than RLHQ is to them. Sorry lads and lasses but can't see the 2015 revolution happening, they'll defer and defer til we all just give up and go home.

Eh dear ..... this is on the back of the huge gate for the Championship Finals at Leigh, is it ?

And, if you break away, you certainly take nothing with you.

#8 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

There'll still be some form of P & R in my opinion despite the happenings of the past couple of days. All is not lost
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#9 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Pull all championship players from the World Cup teams in protest.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#10 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:17 PM

What - because a meeting's been postponed ? :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

#11 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

What - because a meeting's been postponed ? :laugh:  :laugh:

Sit back and watch Griff. 

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#12 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

its a complete farce... its a case of we are alright jack at the top table and sod the rest of you ,from what i can see is that they will get rid of 2 clubs .. london and 1 other then close the doors on everyone else and what sky money they allow to be given to championship and championship one will be whipped away.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I can imagine what Finny will say if you tell him he can't captain Ireland in the World Cup.

:nono:  :rtfm:

#14 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

its a complete farce... its a case of we are alright jack at the top table and sod the rest of you ,from what i can see is that they will get rid of 2 clubs .. london and 1 other then close the doors on everyone else and what sky money they allow to be given to championship and championship one will be whipped away.

<sigh>

They've just postponed a meeting ............

#15 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

It is not just a postponed meeting. Lenigan the Wigan owner called a meeting of SL clubs in Warrington and they agreed to pressure the RL to stop the restucturing proposals. The fear is that Championship clubs will get a bgger bite of the financial cherry. This is an embarrassing climb down for the governing body as they have had to back down to the SL pressure. Leningan wants 14 clubs in SL and most of the finance. Nigel Wood back the new proposals all the way and was geared up for the passing of them at tomorrows meeting. This is now postponed and he has egg on his face. It is obvious that the SL clubs are running the show and will make any amendments in their favour. The rest of us can go to hell.

#16 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

A better way would be for all Championship clubs to band together to put an end to Dual Reg.

#17 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

A better way would be for all Championship clubs to band together to put an end to Dual Reg.

Forget that, I wasn't thinking! If there was no Dual Reg, then SL clubs would want even more money in order to run a reserve side, and Championship clubs would get an even smaller slice. 

It's time for everyone to start threatening to cancel their Sky subscriptions.

#18 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sky subscription? ??? Wtf????
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Sky subscription? ??? Wtf????

yeh, what is that?

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Leave it as it is with promotion and relegation league leaders promoted and the grand finalists winners promoted with two coming down easy solution that everyone understands The clubs are on a financial mess now so don't tell me P&R will make it worse it might even give the clubs that come down a kick up the back side that they deserve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users