Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like your super league campaign could be busted

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

Shouldn't we all just breakaway from WIGAN..it seems that people involved with that club have ruled the roost for too long; According to reports Leeds Rhinos are just as disappointed as anyone else at the meeting being called off;

#22 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,021 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Perhaps a Yorkshire break away league? The Rhino's should like that as they will win everything ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Leave it as it is with promotion and relegation league leaders promoted and the grand finalists winners promoted with two coming down easy solution that everyone understands The clubs are on a financial mess now so don't tell me P&R will make it worse it might even give the clubs that come down a kick up the back side that they deserve

What if the league leaders win the Grand Final ?

Just asking ....

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,357 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

The game is a joke and frankly I have had enough of watching Rugby League be ruined by muppets that are only interested in themselves and not the game. Rugby League is a great sport, but it has been hampered and damaged by its poor administrators and poor leadership at clubs as well as the RFL etc since 1895. People say Sky saved the game back in the mid 90s. Wrong it ruined it and what we see now is a game propped up by Sky money with clubs desperate to get/stay in SL and hoping that will keep them safe. I see no future for the game as it is. The money and interest is simply not their to support more than 2 or 3 clubs with maybe a couple of others totally relient on a money man and hoping things go OK. The amateur game is constantly being shafted by the Pro game and we see so many different factions fighting each other. I would not be too surprised to see WIgan, Leeds and a couple of others to simply walk away to Union in the next few years. These clubs dont care about the game only themselves and will do anything to make sure they get money and stay strong. The slim chance that Championship clubs had the chance to be part of SL and stand a fair chance has now gone. The SL Clubs have the power and Nigel Wood and co have no idea. Wood ruined my club Fax a few years ago. Wood has now done the same to the whole game with his stupid ideas and lack of leadership. 

#25 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

What if the league leaders win the Grand Final ?

Just asking ....

they won't be in the play offs so cannot win it

#26 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Surely Woods cannot sustain his position. Who elects these guys?.

#27 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

What surprises me is that people are suprised   :jester:  

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

What are you all so surprised at? It was nailed on that after all their bluster, the RL would try their damnest to blow it out of the water. I suggest that all current and prospective championship clubs should break away from the same organisation which runs what is basically an imposed competition and set up their own competition, taking the Challenge Cup with it. I'm sure that chairmen of the championship clubs aren't happy, and that they would be far more fair in their approach to their own organisation than RLHQ is to them. Sorry lads and lasses but can't see the 2015 revolution happening, they'll defer and defer til we all just give up and go home.

Who is going to do the setting up? From where will the setting up be done and who will be paid to do it. Who will be the CEO? Who will pay for development officers. Who will be paid to recruit, performance manage and train the referees? Who wil administer the indemnities, registrations etc and market the new organisation? ?
All sky money would remain with SL

All this and plenty more will have to be adressed before considering a breakaway particularly as those wishing to break away don't have a pot to pizz in!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#29 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

And all the Government money.

#30 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Oh.  You didn't explain that.

#31 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Who is going to do the setting up? From where will the setting up be done and who will be paid to do it. Who will be the CEO? Who will pay for development officers. Who will be paid to recruit, performance manage and train the referees? Who wil administer the indemnities, registrations etc and market the new organisation? ?

All this and plenty more will have to be adressed before considering a breakaway particularly as those wishing to break away don't have a pot to pizz in!

spoilsport

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#32 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

It appears that the Wigan Chairman wants an immediate return to promotion and relegation, therefore this development might actually be good news for us.

#33 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

On todays Sport coverage on television texts it says that players are supporting the Wigan man's protest. Further reading shows it is the SL players not all the players. Better marketing is being called for by the SL players. Ihaven't seen where there is a call for automatic promotion and relig. What the Wigan man wants is more money for SL clubs. We haven't heared how the Championship clubs have responded. I can't make the meeting tonight on medical grounds. however it might be a point worth raising. I would also like to know whe re future income is envisage coming from .if anybody could ask these questions for me I would appreciate it. You can use my name so any probs will be down to me.

#34 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I would appreciate it if someone could post on here what has been discussed tonight. I can't get to meeting, looking after kids!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#35 frankj

frankj
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

It appears that the Wigan Chairman wants an immediate return to promotion and relegation, therefore this development might actually be good news for us.

It will benefit Rovers providing the League Leaders at the end of a multi game season are promoted and not, as before, the winners of a 3 or 4 game knock out contest.

#36 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Halifax and now Doncaster have gone public about the cancellation of the meeting on Wednesday wonder if others will follow

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,458 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

It will benefit Rovers providing the League Leaders at the end of a multi game season are promoted and not, as before, the winners of a 3 or 4 game knock out contest.

Can we take that as an assumption that Rovers will finish top of the pile ?

#38 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,857 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Can we take that as an assumption that Rovers will finish top of the pile ?

yes!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#39 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Halifax and now Doncaster have gone public about the cancellation of the meeting on Wednesday wonder if others will follow

In the past Feisal has had connections with Wigan. Is that still the case?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users