Kris Coward.....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

He'll just be using us as a bargaining tool like most of the players do.

#22 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

No thorman

#23 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yup like both sets of players do every season.

#24 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

No thorman

He tweeted summat the other day about taking up a coaching roll with team Northumbria.

#25 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Good wouldn't have him any where near my team

#26 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

I can't think of any shaven player that is worth a daft offer to replace any of our 1st choice players, maybe Sarah Jessica at a push.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,665 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

i would take either jjp or mcavoy and thats it. the rest are worse than what we have. i think haven will miss sice this year, as newton is average at best.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Excellent news on big Kris, he was superb last season. Another season for the Cow head - he's 20% horse you know!!!

As for the theoretical signing of Haven players, I think I'd take McAvoy over SJP. I know SJP has woken up a bit since he first signed for Haven but from what limited games I've seen him play live and on TV he seems to have lazy patches (or concentration lapses) in the games. McAvoy is much better all around IMO and he's a local lad!!!

Apart from him I'm not sure who else I'd covet, maybe Houghton would do a job for us. I suppose it's subjective as Haven fans may see their squad as superior to ours as we only see each others players a few times a season.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Scott McAvoy would be the only player I would take from jam.
Pleased Kris Coward has signed back on.great news.

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

Is Mcavoy under contract there ? Is it being suggested that we're after him ?

#31 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Lets get Brett Carter signed on before any one from the jam hopefully he will be the next one.

#32 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

It's been a few seasons on the trot one or 2 players from up the road where coming to us for "crazy money" only too sign for haven again on better terms!! So I won't beleive it too it's on the back of the paper!! Plus crazy money is something we won't be offering as was stated in the forum!! So stop being "crazy"

#33 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's been a few seasons on the trot one or 2 players from up the road where coming to us for "crazy money" only too sign for haven again on better terms!! So I won't beleive it too it's on the back of the paper!! Plus crazy money is something we won't be offering as was stated in the forum!! So stop being "crazy"

We won't be offering silly money even if it was sam Tomkins :laugh: ,on a more sensible note the one player for me would be McAvoy :mosking: :mail:  ,i think he would be a big hit with dan rooney and they would in my opinion be the two best centres in the championship,but that's my choice,on the forwards Houghton would be in for me,he didn't do much against our lads but I would take him and maybe playing with some of the other widnes lads might be a big start for him. :asciidity:  

Posted Image

#34 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

Great news to have kris back on board. Donald there is NO such a thing as "crazy" money in cumbrian RL. maybe we have made a better offer. There are certain haven fans who bring silly money story's up when a player is leaving to hide their disappointment.

#35 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Is Mcavoy under contract there ? Is it being suggested that we're after him ?

yes apparently it is him and he is still undecided yet.

#36 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

Great news to have kris back on board. Donald there is NO such a thing as "crazy" money in cumbrian RL. maybe we have made a better offer. There are certain haven fans who bring silly money story's up when a player is leaving to hide their disappointment.

yeh your right when I say crazy money you've probably made him a better offer or maybe a 2 or 3 year deal which is better than a one year deal

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

Go for it ! We need a centre and boy he's a centre ! Cut periphery players like Calders who eat up a few quid and have a go .DR is there if we need it . Quality is what you need next year , a few marquee players can haul you around ,and we need to up our edge threat and try scoring hugely to put games to bed .

Edited by DavidM, 09 October 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#38 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hopefully he,ll still sign for us would say players use both clubs as bargaining tools kris coward and brett phillips are supposed to have talked to us before resigning with you lot although it was never in doubt they where signing back for town

#39 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

It is my understanding that Town did not make Scott any offer whatsoever.I believe they did show initial interest,however It's my opinion that Scott indicated he was happy to stay at Whitehaven and that Town did not even discuss personal terms.Hope this clarifys the position on Scott McAvoy and finishes the never ending rumours that are flying around about players coming and going,The club will let us know about players coming in so I would just wait for them to reveal who is next :mail: .

Posted Image

#40 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

Yep Donald And his silly comments!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users