TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Parliamentary Reshuffles

Some Brilliant Sub-Texts

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

All three parties reshuffled their teams yesterday.

As ever, a degree of ambition, retribution and political manoeuvring is being manifested.

Nadine Dorries wants to be Deputy Speaker; however, her own party's leadership team don't like her and won't support her.

Maybe she's willing to badmouth a rival, or an enemy of potential supporters, to secure votes.

She doesn't play by their rules.

:D

http://order-order.c...y-speaker-vote/

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Under Blair, Liam Byrne, MP for Birminhgam Hodge Hill  was earmarked by John Reid, the Home Secretary, to sort out the immigration fiasco.

Under Brown, he was moved to the Cabinet Office, presumably not to continue upsetting the ethnic vote.

In 2010, Sion Simon stood down as MP for the safe Labour seat of Birmingham Erdington, in order to concentrate on being elected as Mayor of Birmingham in 2012. The seat was assumed by Jack Dromey, chosen from a mixed-sex candidate-list, even though Labour's policy, keenly pushed by (Deputy Leader) Harriet Harman, was for selection contests to be restricted to female-only candidates. There again, Jack Dromey is married to Harriet Harman.

In opposition, Jack Dromey, without ever having previously been an MP, is immediately promoted to Shadow Communities Minister.

Liam Byrne  is Shadow Secretary for Work and Pensions, but is seen as a team-Blair man whereas the new leader, Miliband is a team-Brown man.

He can see the writing on the wall and states his intention to stand for Mayor of Birmingham!! This cuts across any deal that may have been done between Harman, Dromey, Simon and the Labour leadership.

Harman claims the party can't financially afford to have a by-election in Byrne's constituency and blocks the move.

Sept 2013:

Byrne gives the best speech of the week at the Labour Party Conference.

October 2013:

Byrne is sacked by Miliband from his Shadow Works and Pension Secretary position.

Dromey is also sacked, presumably a sacrifice to appease the Blairites and/or discourage them from airing their dirty laundry in public.

October 2013:

Alan Johnson, who has turned down opportunities to join Miliband's leadership team, appears in several interviews to publish his new autobiography and remind the electorate what impeccable true-Labour credentials he has and how good he is at engaging with the man and woman in the street.

September 2014:

Labour Party Conference: watch this space.

B) B) :biggrin:

Edited by Wolford6, 08 October 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

2012-2013:

Teresa May is lauded by several newspapers for doing a good job as Home Secretary. she is openly talked about as a preferential future  leader than would be George Osborne.

At the Home Office, her Minister of State, Jeremy Browne, is a LIbDem who has done a surprisingly good job and is highly regarded ... a rarity amongst the LibDem ministers. Some see him as a potential future leadership candidate.

October 2013:

Cameron, and Clegg reorganise the cabinet. Browne is sacked and replaced by Norman Baker, a man who has openly accused the security services (who will now report to him) of lying over the death of Dr David Kelly.

Teresa May must be absolutely delighted!!!

That'll teach her not to go to Eton.

#4 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

anyone smelling an election......

Get rid of the people who may cause trouble/lose seats.

Put in place people you need/need to fulfil promises to.

Put in place the odd woman or northerner or minority to try to look representative.

Give it 18 months for people to forget you have done this and off you go full steam into the election campaign.

Edited by Li0nhead, 08 October 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

2012-2013:

Teresa May is lauded by several newspapers for doing a good job as Home Secretary. she is openly talked about as a preferential future  leader than would be George Osborne.

At the Home Office, her Minister of State, Jeremy Browne, is a LIbDem who has done a surprisingly good job and is highly regarded ... a rarity amongst the LibDem ministers. Some see him as a potential future leadership candidate.

October 2013:

Cameron, and Clegg reorganise the cabinet. Browne is sacked and replaced by Norman Baker, a man who has openly accused the security services (who will now report to him) of lying over the death of Dr David Kelly.

Teresa May must be absolutely delighted!!!

That'll teach her not to go to Eton.

Word to the wise; Googling "Teresa May" is NSFW.

On the other hand, searching for information about the MP "Theresa May" is just fine.

Edited by Futtocks, 08 October 2013 - 02:11 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

Word to the wise; Googling "Teresa May" is NSFW.

On the other hand, searching for information about the MP "Theresa May" is just fine.

Cheers.

I'm from a council estate. I always drop my aitches. 

;)

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

Cheers.

I'm from a council estate. I always drop my aitches. 

;)

Just like Teresa always drops her britches. :P 

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,774 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

I must admit I didn't know that the dreadful former daytime TV presenter Ester McVey was an MP.  Whatever next that bloke off Homes under the hammer as a minister?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#9 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

anyone smelling an election......

Get rid of the people who may cause trouble/lose seats.

Put in place people you need/need to fulfil promises to.

Put in place the odd woman or northerner or minority to try to look representative.

Give it 18 months for people to forget you have done this and off you go full steam into the election campaign.

Don't forget to tie in the troublemakers to collective responsibility with a ministerial role.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

Now Dromey's back in, albeit at a lower-ranked post ... saves some of his former salary.

Diane Abbot's got the boot full stop.

I look forward to some major outrage in the press over the next year as she is now free to resume her bonkers loose cannon persona.

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

The Labour re-shuffle is  generally known  as Mccluskey's Purge

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,871 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Labour re-shuffle is  generally known  as Mccluskey's Purge

I thought that was a Mornington Crescent strategy.

#13 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

It is.  As Ed Balls said," I 'm sorry, I haven't a clue"

#14 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Don't forget to tie in the troublemakers to collective responsibility with a ministerial role.

To quote Lyndon Johnson, it's better to have them inside the tent ####### out, than outside the tent ####### in.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

Rachel Reeves has DWP.Well she has a good constituency to get experience of it,Leeds West
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

Rachel Reeves has DWP.Well she has a good constituency to get experience of it,Leeds West

She can just (expletive deleted) off back there then.  Not even a week in the job and she's out Torying the Tories.

Yay for New New Labour.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#17 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,735 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Well, If Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour all agree on something. maybe ,well maybe , like , you know, they may just be right. 

#18 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:25 AM

Well, If Conservatives, Lib Dems and Labour all agree on something. maybe ,well maybe , like , you know, they may just be right.

Or they all smell a vote winner.

Don't let the facts get in the way of gut feeling, as Theresa May so blithely informed us last week.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#19 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,147 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Or they all smell a vote winner.

Don't let the facts get in the way of gut feeling, as Theresa May so blithely informed us last week.

Yep.  It's all about chasing votes rather than principles.  I think the current Labour front bench would happily sell their grannies' souls if it would get them an extra vote or two.

The one I noticed today was another point Labour have picked out of pollster data:  "We'll let parents set up their own Free Schools on the public budget, please vote for us!

#20 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:13 PM

Yep.  It's all about chasing votes rather than principles.  I think the current Labour front bench would happily sell their grannies' souls if it would get them an extra vote or two.

The one I noticed today was another point Labour have picked out of pollster data:  "We'll let parents set up their own Free Schools on the public budget, please vote for us!"

Soon it will merge into one big coalition where everyone agrees, and if you don't agree then you are wrong. At the risk of invoking a brand of Godwin's Law, it's getting a bit Orwellian...
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users