RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Look Who's back!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.
BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.
It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.
A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.
BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.
It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.
A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

#3 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Doesn't look like they released the list yet, but I know of three main shows that were considered lost.

Doctor Who & Marco Polo (I really really really hope this was found!)

The Macra Terror

The Wheel In Space

Been watching Who since Peter Davison started :^)

#4 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Rumour has it that the episodes to be released on Friday are all of Enemy of the World, and all bar episode 3 of Web of Fear. Doctor Who forums all over the interweb have been in meltdown today.

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,455 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

Your not wrong; means absolutely nothing to me. :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,534 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

I was hoping for Dally the Messenger and Clive Woody to make a return.

The last government were convinced that we were there to do their bidding. They wasted vast quantities of our money in order to spy on us, intimidate us and needlessly over regulate us, whilst gold plating their own pensions and expenses. Their behind the scenes encouragement of, and turning a blind eye to, the kettling and harrassment tactics of the Police are a shameful episode in our history which we need to remember and address urgently. - Haloman

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,574 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

As Drakey (from 'On the Buses') probably knows, this is known as the 'omnirumour' and spod speculation is feverish, so the internet may melt later today/early tomorrow.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users