Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Look Who's back!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.
BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.
It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.
A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Can't let the old forum go without one last Doctor Who related thread (if only for Larry the Leit, as I know he's such a fan). :tongue:

BBC to reveal a number of missing Doctor Who episodes
http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-24448063

A number of early episodes of Doctor Who, which were believed to have been permanently lost, have been returned to the BBC.
BBC Worldwide is expected to confirm the find at a press screening in London later this week.
It follows weeks of speculation that some lost episodes had been located.
A total of 106 episodes featuring the first two actors to play the Doctor, William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton, are currently missing.
The BBC destroyed many of the sci-fi drama's original transmission tapes in the 1960s and 1970s.

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

#3 WolvesFanInTheUSA

WolvesFanInTheUSA
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Doesn't look like they released the list yet, but I know of three main shows that were considered lost.

Doctor Who & Marco Polo (I really really really hope this was found!)

The Macra Terror

The Wheel In Space

Been watching Who since Peter Davison started :^)

#4 Gav

Gav
  • Coach
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Rumour has it that the episodes to be released on Friday are all of Enemy of the World, and all bar episode 3 of Web of Fear. Doctor Who forums all over the interweb have been in meltdown today.

Nottingham Outlaws RLFC

RLC Premier Champions 2008

Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

RLC Club Of The Year 2001

Outlaws Match Photos

#5 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:51 AM

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,644 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

Saw in amusing* tweet before saying something along the lines of "In even better news 'Fear Her' from the David Tennant era has now been lost forever".

*well to me anyway.

Your not wrong; means absolutely nothing to me. :unsure:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

I had hoped that this was a thread about Cas Vegas, and not a children's TV show.

I was hoping for Dally the Messenger and Clive Woody to make a return.

28m391z.jpg

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,406 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

As Drakey (from 'On the Buses') probably knows, this is known as the 'omnirumour' and spod speculation is feverish, so the internet may melt later today/early tomorrow.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users